Mahindra 2615 vs Kioti ck25

/ Mahindra 2615 vs Kioti ck25 #1  

billdef

Tractor
none yet
I'm looking at a 2615 or ck25, both gear and both with a fel. I know the ck25 has a few more options, but it's also about $800 more. Reviewing the specs I noticed the 2615 has 23hp to the pto and the ck25 has only 19hp. This seems like a fairly large advantage for the 2615. I will be using a 5' rotary cutter, phd and maybe a tiller. Any comments on the pto hp difference or anything else between the two tractors is appreciated. Thanks!

/ Mahindra 2615 vs Kioti ck25 #2  
For the 4HP difference in PTO HP I doubt you'll see any lack of performance with a rotary cutter unless you get into real heavy brush. I have a 2615HST with 5' rotary cutter and have gone through some 4-5' brush. The hard part is not knowing what else is in that brush that you will run over. Stones and tree stumps make a lot of noise and chew up blades pretty good. When using 3 pt. equipment more HP is a plus but for light work and tilling either tractor will work for you.

/ Mahindra 2615 vs Kioti ck25 #3  
Just my $0.02 but if you consider that a heavy duty rotary cutter needs roughly 4 to 5 PTO horsepower for every 12" of deck, and if you are planning on using a 5' rotary cutter, then you'd want a minimum of 20 PTO HP, and it would be pretty reasonable for want 25 PTO HP. For light duty cutters and light duty chores you could certainly get a way with 19 PTO HP, but my general feeling with trucks and tractors is that you want to have more capacity than you know you will need. It sounds like your tasks will include a large percentage of rotary cutting, and if that is the case then you will be pushing the CK25 to its maximum potential, but you will be within the normally accepted range of power for the 2615.

I typically am not one to suggest that bigger is better, in fact I believe that 'right sizing' your tractor is the best long term solution based on your tasks. So if you follow that suggestion, then the CK25 simply falls short of what your planned needs are. I'd suggest you might want to consider the CK30 if you are looking at the Kioti, but that will likely cost $1500 to $2000 more than the Mahindra 2615. Within the Mahindra brand the 2615 looks like a good fit.

/ Mahindra 2615 vs Kioti ck25
Thanks for the feedback. For the rotary cutter, I'll mostly be cutting ~4 acre horse pasture, all grass, no brush or stumps. I only cut it 2x per year so it does get pretty tall.

/ Mahindra 2615 vs Kioti ck25 #5  
I think the pto hp difference could be significant. My 2810HST has around 22 pto hp and some of the field I cut is leased from the Feds, with restrictions that prohibit me from cutting until mid-June. Thus, the grass can be 6' tall in spots. With my hydro its easy to adjust my speed for the cutter to catch up, however, my 5' cutter could use a little more power. Thick grass can really rob power. Get as much as you budget and size constraints allow.

/ Mahindra 2615 vs Kioti ck25 #6  
If you want more hp in a Kioti geared tractor at about the same price,take a look at the old style LK3054xs model. Not as curved,a bit tighter operators station,but well priced and more horses.