Definition of a Compact Tractor

/ Definition of a Compact Tractor #1  

R W

Gold Member
What is the definition of a compact tractor.

/ Definition of a Compact Tractor #3  
"Compact Tractor" Under 50 PTO HP in a small package. Something that weighs in less than we'll say 4000 lb field ready without attachments. confusing isn't it. I really don't know for sure, I have over 3100 hrs on my currant Compact tractor (2000 JD 4700) 48 engine hp, 41 PTO hp and weighs a little over 3400 lb without attachments and it started breaking down at 1500 or so hours. I do know they we're not meant for full time use, they we're meant for 1 or 2 hundred hours a yr. at the most. I don't have much info. but if you want to pick my brain more PM me.

David

/ Definition of a Compact Tractor #4  
A tractor having short wheelbase in relation to its available hp. More maneuverable, but more tippy due more front-back weight transfer.
larry

/ Definition of a Compact Tractor #5  
The rules are continually changing as up till a few years ago they topped out at 50 engine horsepower! Now they have 50 PTO.
It was only a decade earlier they were under 30 engine horsepower! With the introduction of Kubota's BX'series there is a new class called sub-compact, These so far top out under 25 engine horsepower and wear a smaller tire then a normal compact.
Attachments go away after the compact comes off the options list although there are base models built with no mid pto for mowers or front option in the 30 engine horsepower for three point and loader work.

/ Definition of a Compact Tractor #7  
R W said:
What is the definition of a compact tractor.

If you could park it in your garage, ROPS folded of course...it's a compact.:D

/ Definition of a Compact Tractor #8  
Definition: Compact Tractor

A small self-propelled incredibly powerful & versatile electro-hydraulic mechanical machine that with the aid of special hydraulically powered attachments can lift boulders, dig huge trenches, move enormous mounds of dirt to create berms, pull gigantic felled trees out of woodlands, harvest all manner of crops, cut large expanse of heavy grass & brush in a single pass, plow immense waist deep snow in wilderness regions & essentially............ tread where no man can go.

This astonishing marvel of a machine (although heavy in mass as two elephants in some cases) is highly efficient from a fuel energy consumption to accomplished work ratio. Although slow, the deliberate & determined motion of a compact tractor is unrelenting as the crash of ocean waves on a sea shore of rocky cliffs. The deep resonating growl of its diesel engine upon point of ignition brings delight to all that hear it.

In the future, these machines will morph into robotic designs in which the user will have the option of either programming a task or remotely controlling the movements of the Dynamo while enjoying their favourite beverage.

If a compact tractor had wings it would fly.

I Love My Tractor,

Vic

/ Definition of a Compact Tractor #9  
What is considered a compact tractor now was a farm tractor many years ago.

mark

/ Definition of a Compact Tractor #10  
And would have been bigger and stronger than any non-steam farm tractor a few years before that. Not to mention the whole hydraulic lift, FEL, and PTO advantages of modern machines.

The first tractors did nothing more than pull, much like a team of horses.