Why I didn't buy a compact tractor

/ Why I didn't buy a compact tractor
Re: Why I didn\'t buy a compact tractor

Yeah, no kidding Paul. Don't worry. I won't get rid of the '79 PowerKing until it's junk.

/ Why I didn't buy a compact tractor #12  

<font color=red>I won't get rid of the '79 PowerKing until it's junk</font color=red>

That could be a LONG time. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Why I didn't buy a compact tractor #13  

Alf:
Isn't it a shame that we can't all afford a skid steer, a Power Trac and an Earth Force, along with a trusty old lawn tractor. But I guess if we had a machine covering each conceivable use, we'd run out of time to use them, and not have the fun of trying to adapt a machine to do something a little different from its best use.
For my new Power Trac 1845, I've started corresponding with Lackender about a hoe. Since I have no experience with a real backhoe, except to rent a big one for four days for $1000 and get a friend to dig out an old septic tank and put in a new one, I suspect that I might like the Lackender digger, and avoid a bit of shovel work that I'm not very fond of, despite some limitation. It is about a quarter the cost of a real backhoe, and will quick attach or disconnect.(MossRoad changed PowerTrac attachments in 15 seconds. This would require a minute, or so, since two hydraulic quick connections would have to be done, as well.)
I haven't found anyone on the board who has a Lackender. Since they're designed for skidders to begin with, however, if you haven't already, you might take a look:
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.lackender-fab.com/>Lackender's Website</A>

/ Why I didn't buy a compact tractor #14  

alf,
By the sounds you know what you want and done your home work towards your new investment,its just a matter of going w/your gut feeling.
There no perfect tractor out there yet...will except Marks /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif..that can do everything,and if you don't get stuck at least once than your not tractoring. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Why I didn't buy a compact tractor #15  

Thomas - <font color=blue>There no perfect tractor out there yet...will except Marks</font color=blue>

No, mine's not perfect either. It's just going to be /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif - or I'll sell it and get a different one... /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

/ Why I didn't buy a compact tractor #16  

That what I like to read,someone who knows what they want and w/class goes after it!!

/ Why I didn't buy a compact tractor

Thanks, Charlie. Those hoes look real interesting, not to mention great pricing. If I can't do what I want with the Kasco Rooter, I'll look into them some more.By the way, the 753 has a lift capacity of 1300-1400 lbs and, with tracks, weighs over 5000 lbs. I don't know the breakout force. The steel tracks contribute greatly to the stability of this machine. Sorry I haven't yet entered the digital age of photography so I can't post pictures!

/ Why I didn't buy a compact tractor #18  

Alf:
I couldn't stand waiting, so I melted my remaining plastic credit and ordered the Lackender Extenda-Boomer today. Randy Lackender was helpful, both by e-mail and phone.
I will try to post some info about results after it comes in.
Even if you haven't gotten to the digital picture stage, please register and keep us posted on progress with your new machine. There are at least a couple of other regulars on the board who have fairly new skid steers. The rest of us can use the second-hand experience and pros and cons, especially of the tracks.

/ Why I didn't buy a compact tractor #19  

Those front hoes look like a low cost backhoe for those of us that do need a hoe every day.
Anybody ever use one of these?

Also these guys make a similar product:
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.jbarcorp.com/skidsteer.html#fronthoe>http://www.jbarcorp.com/skidsteer.html#fronthoe</A>

Fred