Classifications

/ Classifications #1  

SABULA FARMER

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT335SST
I am new to the tractor thing and I have a quick question...What is the difference between a class "A" and "B" tractor?

S.F.

/ Classifications #2  
Class "A" would be a Kubota...:p

All others are class "B". :eek:

Just playin'...I have no idea what the difference is...but I couldn't resist having a little fun. I'm sure the "fun" police will get pissy.

/ Classifications #3  
I'm by no means a tractor expert but I have no clue what you're talking about. Where did you hear of these 'classifications'?

/ Classifications #4  
Sure your not thinking of the CDL classifications: Class A - Tractor/Trailer, Class B - straight Truck????

/ Classifications #5  
SABULA FARMER said:
I am new to the tractor thing and I have a quick question...What is the difference between a class "A" and "B" tractor?

S.F.

S.F.

Do you mean Class I, II, an III? Roughly speaking
Class I = SCUT, Class II = CUT, and Class III = UT. Jay

/ Classifications
Podunkadunk said:
Class "A" would be a Kubota...:p

All others are class "B". :eek:

Just playin'...I have no idea what the difference is...but I couldn't resist having a little fun. I'm sure the "fun" police will get pissy.

That was good, I left the door wide open for you. No harm done though.

I don't want to start any type brand war or brand bashing, so I will not go into detail, but I will say that I never heard of calss A and B tractors either. I was told this by a dealer while shopping for tractors. I feel that it was a sales thing to sell a tractor. It was the owner of the dealership that I spoke to...not a sales person. I asked the question because I thought that maybe there was something new going on that I didn't know about.
S.F.

Last edited:
   / Classifications #7  
There is also category 0, I, II for three point hitch stuff. I never heard of lettered classes, though.

/ Classifications #8  
SABULA FARMER said:
That was good, I left the door wide open for you. No harm done though.

I don't want to start any type brand war or brand bashing, so I will not go into detail, but I will say that I never heard of calss A and B tractors either. I was told this by a dealer while shopping for tractors. I feel that it was a sales thing to sell a tractor. It was the owner of the dealership that I spoke to...not a sales person. I asked the question because I thought that maybe there was something new going on that I didn't know about.
S.F.

I'll bet that dealer is selling a class a and all the rest are class b.