Narrowing my tractor choices

/ Narrowing my tractor choices #41  
Highsmith said:
I am having trouble figuring out what tractors can accept a 4-in-1 loader. I saw this attachment on some other threads and it looks great. Will the tractors that I am focused (JD 5103, KB M4900, FarmTrac 555 types) accept this option?

Different manufacturers have different attachment systems, some are NOT quik tach, not designed for interchangeability. Changing out this type of tool requires drilled, reamed holes & matching pins. Big $$ to accomplish. Also out there are proprietary manufacturer specific quik tach systems. Look for the notation "universal skid steer" or "Euro tool carrier" type of attaching system for the most generic attachment availability.

Your dealer of the specific tractor will be able to match attaching system plates if it is quik tach.

Caveat of a 4n1 especially is that a ag loader is not an industrial strength dozer, skid steer, or a TLB and it is easier to bend and twist the loader arms or the hydraulic cylinders so they leak or even lock up.

4&1 also can be heavy so a narrower bucket may wanted to maintain lifting loads.

Pix of one of my junkyard finds, an offset rockpicker thats about 10' wide so cannot be towed on the road (without collecting all the roadsigns & mailboxes along the way.) A new machine has a hyd cylinder that swings the tongue in front of the picking bucket & follows the tow vehicle easily but price is over $10K. Weight is about 3K

Attachments

• rock picker front light.jpg
    rock picker front light.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 115
   / Narrowing my tractor choices #42  
Kendall69 said:

I think Federal law says they have to keep parts for 10 years, after that they could care less.

From what I understand after a discussion with my boss last week, this is not true. It is basically done as a common courtesy. It's an unwritten law if you will.