Price Check 500 gallon sprayer price

/ 500 gallon sprayer price #1  

KB9UDE

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320 John Deere x758
I am looking at a 500 gallon sprayer with pto pump and it fold out to approx 30 feet. What should I expect to pay. It is in good condition, kept in shed. I am told it had set unused for the last 10 years inside.

John

/ 500 gallon sprayer price #2  
Normally in our area a 500 gallon sprayer would have a forty foot truss boom with no drip nozzles and you can buy the new with normally with tandem axle for about 7000 with no bells and whistles. They normally depreciate quickly depending on rust and the type of tanks which are normally poly. The drop to a nontruss boom at 30 foot would be about 1400 and used should be bought for less then 2000 in this market.

/ 500 gallon sprayer price #3  
Hi John. Don't know what it's worth. Don't know if you have experience with sprayers - if you do my apologies for possibly boring you.
Since it has been stored for 10yrs, check the pto pump. If it wasn't "pickled" with diesel or light oil when stored it could be corrosion locked. Same could hold for the pressure regulator, but less likely. Also check the tank, hose lines, nozzles, & screens to see if they were cleaned before storage. Could be some extra work to clean it up for use, particularly if it was used for wettable powders or suspensions.

K
Fred

/ 500 gallon sprayer price #4  
I got rid of one with FRP tank and a 20' non-truss boom last fall and got $1,300 for it. It needed a new pump but other than that, it worked OK. I replaced it with a 110 gal 3pt boom sprayer.

/ 500 gallon sprayer price #5  
There can be a big difference in the quality of the roller pumps that come with sprayers. Hypro makes good pumps but even with them they have about 7 different models with the top of the line being the Silver-Cast.
Since it has sat around for 10 yrs I would check the hoses for dry rot. The spray tips might need replacing, again not cheap at about $18 each.
Does it have electric controls that control the spray at the booms and turns the booms off and on remotely? That is about a $500 option but nice to have and saves steps. Lots of things to look over and consider but with the age that it has I agree with the prices that the others have mentioned.

/ 500 gallon sprayer price
Thanks guys. I will see if there has been regular maintenance.

John