Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Best deal for 20-30hp 4x4 tractor

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson to coasterez
    I'm not sure what you're getting at here....
    . . .
    The gentleman asked for recommendations for a couple, three acre property and most respondents offered advice (and some brands) which are their opinions....so, what are you complaining about?
    Roy, for the record, one model of Sub-CUT from kubota had a fender cracking issue. It was not a safety issue. Not only was a repair issued, but a subsequent redesign was made, implemented, and the issue is no longer an issue. HOWEVER, nobody in this thread even mentioned that CLASS of tractor, so I suspect that may be why the issue was not raised? Then again it could be because the issue is essentially resolved?

As for the assertation that other brands have defects, on TBN there was a handful of reports of some of the "D" series New Holland small frame tractors that had a seat support that cracked. The "D" series has been replaced with the "DA" series. Some were well out of warrenty and resolved at user cost, others under warrenty, most owners didn't have the problem. All that said, nobody recommended that brand of tractor.

I'm sure there are other issue out there with other brands.

However, there were a couple people who brought up Kioti CK20s, that is a tractor that still has an ongoing problem with the loader. The reality is that a high % of Kioti tractors seem to have cracked loaders, the problem has been dragging on for over a year, it is not resolved.

FWIW, I neither brought up the tractor nor the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Stimw
    I then saw some Bransons at the same dealer.
    . . .
    Check the Branson forum, very little complaints.
    The original poster is looking for a 20 to 30 hp tractor for a couple of acres. The smallest Branson is a 35hp tractor and substantially larger than he would probably find useful for a small piece of property.

Snow Trac, the Swedish Snow Tractor, at Wikipedia
    Never insult a man with a bag of dog poop in one hand and a tennis racket in the other hand!

Veteran Member
    In the palm of Michigan's Lower Peninsula
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST, KL130 FEL, turf tires

Quote Originally Posted by Bob_Skurka
    However, there were a couple people who brought up Kioti CK20s, that is a tractor that still has an ongoing problem with the loader. The reality is that a high % of Kioti tractors seem to have cracked loaders, the problem has been dragging on for over a year, it is not resolved.
    New CK20 Loaders have been redesigned an is not an issue with the new style loader.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by TBDonnelly
    Loaders have been redesigned an is not an issue with the new style loader.
    There seem to be some conflicting reports from folks here about the new loader being available and the fact that many of the old Kioti loaders are still on dealer lots for sale across the country.

Never insult a man with a bag of dog poop in one hand and a tennis racket in the other hand!

Veteran Member

PICKY PICKY PICKY!! FOR THE RECORD, Branson makes a 28hp 4 X 4 tractor that looks like a down sized 3510 with the same quality and workmanship and options.
    I have 2 acres and the 3510 is perfect for me. Of course I troll the neighborhood looking for tractor jobs too. I have even been paid, a case of beer here a case of beer there.

Quote Originally Posted by Stimw
    Branson makes a 28hp 4 X 4 tractor that looks like a down sized 3510
    Thanks, I just learned something new. I'm always glad to do that, and will admit my error.

When I looked at them at my local Branson/New Holland dealership the smallest that they told me they made was 35hp. But I have not looked at them since, its been 2 years so I guess they must have expanded their product line. I'll have to take a look at them when I go back in to the dealer for fluids and filters. Thanks.

Tractor
    2007 Kubota B7800

Hello,
    I made the post that mentioned some defects but of course I didn't mention every defect known to man. As I stated in that post......
    "Everything I mention below I learned form THESE very forums."

I am a total noob, I was just sharing my thought processes as I chose the tractor that I liked best and eventually bought and how I came to that decision.

The defects I mentioned all WERE deciding factors, FOR ME but they may vary for you.

I will tell you I didn't know of the kubota fenders but I would probably have thought of that as a minor blemish when compared to a Kioti FEL.

To me the two are not equal.

And yes, the Kioti issue is still as important today as it was last year.
    Why?

Simply because one can reason that if the company won't fix such a major flaw as a FEL crack or at least address it with more than a band-aid fix then why would I ever believe that the same company would address any future problems I may have with my new Tractor? Answer is I wouldn't trust them so I wouldn't buy their products.

I am sure there are about a million other tractor defects I DIDN'T mention. Sorry for the lack of info in my post.
    B7800 * LA402FEL * 72" Mid-Mount Finish Mower * Turf Tires * Bushhog brand PHD with 12 & 24 inch bits * Landpride 6ft. Box Blade * John Deere 510 bush hog

Tractor
    Deere 4310, Kubota L355, John Deere SST18 Spin Steer, 2006 Polaris Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Fug1000
    I just got my 1st tractor. I almost went the Chinese route as you are considering. But then I read these forums, and read and read.

Everything I mention below I learned for THESE very forums.

I won't name any specific brand but one Chinese tractor brand was having issues, lots of issues and even small stuff like a problem with the tail lights burning through the plastic covers!
    He said he was looking at a Yanmar, not a Chinese tractor. The Yanmars are Japanese.

I agree with you though, stay away from the Chinese tractors.
    Brent Pepper

Tractor
    2007 Kubota B7800

Yep you are right on about that...see I am a noob!
    B7800 * LA402FEL * 72" Mid-Mount Finish Mower * Turf Tires * Bushhog brand PHD with 12 & 24 inch bits * Landpride 6ft. Box Blade * John Deere 510 bush hog

SOS
    Tractor
    NH 45 A (2006)

in 2002 I bought a new Chinese tractor (38hp) and used if for about 150 hours until it would not start, the clutch blew up and I could not get parts for it. I finally got it working, $1,800 later and it broke again. My wife finally got tired of hearing me complain and said go get one you can get fixes.... my plan it worked!

Anyway, depending on budget, if you could get a good used tractor that has shop near you, it will save you a lot of wasted time.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2615 HST

I'll recommend a Mahindra 2615 manufactured by Mitsubishi in Japan. The 2615, as well as most of the 15 series, have been around for a number of years under a few different labels/colors. Can anybody point out some defects with this tractor? Fire away !!!

HangtownMatt

P.S. Yes I do own one and am always interested in fedback ... be it negative or positive.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast