Best deal for 20-30hp 4x4 tractor

/ Best deal for 20-30hp 4x4 tractor #31  
Good luck, your in the same postion that i was about 6 weeks ago. Spend a lot of time reading the forums about the different brands, i think that really paid off for me. I may have been looking for a little bit larger tractor than you are, but i decided to go with the FarmTrac 300dtc. From what i read it was a bit heavier than the Kubota i was looking at, had the hydrolic outputs already set up off the rear of the machine, and I was able to get it at a better price. I liked the setup on the Kiotis, but the price was a bit higher and the dealer was a long way off. The FT/Montana dealer that i went with is on 15 miles away. I dont know if the deal is still available, but I ended up saving 1300 by prepaying and having the tractor sent in. Ended up giving 14500 for the tractor with the FEL. That might be something that others offer, im not sure.

Only issue that I had with my machine was the welds, but thats primarily due to the fact that I am a welding inspector, and i am pretty picky. They are fine for non pressure containment welds.

Gator

/ Best deal for 20-30hp 4x4 tractor #32  
Hi I'm new to this forum as well. I just bought a used 2004 Kioti LB1914 with FEL and 220 hrs on the meter. I was in your situation and started looking at the entire spectrum of small frame CUTS. I eventually developed a list of tractors, based on my needs, reputation of the tractor, and distance of reputable dealers for the brand, that I would buy if the price, distance and condition of the tractor were right. The LB1914 was the first one on the list that was right. For me that was $8,200 for what looked to be a cream puff 15 miles from my house.

Here's my perspective on the LB1914 in case it is helpful. I've used it to dig, spread gravel, haul wood, knock down small trees and skid larger ones. The tractor is the heaviest of the 20 HP tractors (as far as I know) at 2,200 pounds. Filled tires, FEL and me put it just under 2 tons operating weight. This is a small engine for the weight but the power has been fine. I have only needed to downshift when turning up hill in foot deep mud in FWD. Width is 4 foot so it gets in tight spots. The sychronized gear transmission with non-sychronized forward reverse shuttle lever is worlds better than the old 2x6 Satoh I used to drive but no where near as nice as a hydro. The tractor pulls impressively and does everything I ask of it. It is limited by weight not power, (could always use more weight) and lift capacitly (can always use more). But for the 20 hp tractor class it is highly capable. I am 6'2" and fit on the tractor well with the seat all the way back. On a JD 790 my head hits the role bar but I have plenty of head room on the LB1914. The foot area is tight, and if in 2wd, my left heal gets hung up on the lever when operating the clutch if I am not mindful of it. Not much of a problem for me since I nearly always am in 4wd. I'll stop here. If anyone every has specific questions about this tractor just ask. My perspective is from operating an old gas Satoh of similar size, a JD4300 TLB hydro, and a Bob cat T300 (OK, I can't really draw any meaningful comparisons from the T300, the LB1914 is a toy by comparison)

/ Best deal for 20-30hp 4x4 tractor
came back home from out of town today and had mine delivered. I spent the rest of the afternoon tearing stuff up. Feels good feeling like a kid again!!!!!

/ Best deal for 20-30hp 4x4 tractor #34  
Did I miss your post about what you bought?

/ Best deal for 20-30hp 4x4 tractor #35  
Well he already bought one,,so,,,but since they been so much talk about chinese tractors,thought you all should hear of at least one guy who is satisfied with his. I got a nortrac jinma with about 600 hours in 4 years of work,,never has failed to start,,nothing has broken,,clutch is still like new,tail lights have never burned any thing up,,just tilled my 1/2 acre garden with it with a 5 ft tiller,use a 5ft hog 6 ft blade,power to spare,paid less than 8,000 for it,4wd. Can still buy one for same price as 4 years ago.
But its to big to use as a lawn mower unless you live in the middle of a meadow.
Somebody said american made 20-30 hp tractors,they ain't none I don't think,,except those pt things are they? And they probably got alot of forgien parts in them,like anything else.
Somebody else said they couldn't get parts,he musta been looking at the john deere dealer or something,,parts are very available for the more common models like mine,,they come out with newer and bigger ones every year now,,and parts trails behind the newer ones,thats all,they are here to stay,you all might as well get used to it.
No,they are not as good a quality tractor as the big four or five,,no arguement there,,,but for half the price of a simular big three or four,,,some of us think they are the only way to go,guess the poor ones?If I was farming for a living,,they would not be a choice for me,,but to till a little garden and cut 8-9 acreas 4-5 times a year,,,its all I need.
That was my choice too, used yamar or new chinese,,went with new,,four years and 600 hours later glad I did.
O.K. now,,you guys can get back to argueing about which big three or four is better now,,,thingy

/ Best deal for 20-30hp 4x4 tractor #36  
thingy said:
Somebody said american made 20-30 hp tractors,they ain't none I don't think,,except those pt things are they? And they probably got alot of forgien parts in them,like anything else.

Power Trac tractors are made and assembled in Tazewell, VA. They use Robin gas and Deutz diesel engines. :)

/ Best deal for 20-30hp 4x4 tractor #37  
Moss,I live maybe less than three hours from there,,,woulda checked them out 4 plus years ago ifin I woulda knowed about them. What does one cost[about,plus or minus 1,000 dollars or so],might go down and talk with them one a these days before long,,thingy

/ Best deal for 20-30hp 4x4 tractor #38  
thingy said:
Moss,I live maybe less than three hours from there,,,woulda checked them out 4 plus years ago ifin I woulda knowed about them. What does one cost[about,plus or minus 1,000 dollars or so],might go down and talk with them one a these days before long,,thingy

That's another nice thing about Power Trac... they post all of there prices on line at their website. As far as I know, they are the only company that does this.

Prices

/ Best deal for 20-30hp 4x4 tractor #39  
Moss,thanks,saved that page,,prices look like they got one in about any price range,,seemed like 10,000 for 425,,,add a 60 inch mowing deck for 1,400,,and you are in bussiness!,,,yeah,11,400 for a 25 hp with mower,,that price is afforable to me and the place [after thinking],is probably not more than 2 hours from me.
I know,,I know,,have to get on the pt thread area,,,but one last question,thats what you got right? the 425?,,,I got a few hills,,,how do they go on hills,is that 4wd hydro drive deal get pretty good traction? They don't wanta run off down hills do they? thingy

/ Best deal for 20-30hp 4x4 tractor #40  
thingy said:
In addition to Power Trac, both Steiner tractors & Ventrac tractors are made in America (Ohio) and primarily use American parts. Some models have foreign engines. Both brands offer tractors between 20 and 35hp.

What about Ingersoll-Rand and Terramite tractors, are those American made?

Link to Ingersoll 7000 tractors: 7000 Series

Link to Terramite: Terramite