Tractor Insurance

/ Tractor Insurance #1  

SCDolphin

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L5240: Craftsman GT6500
I was getting ready to buy a tractor, so I called my State Farm agent and they told me that they no longer insure tractors!!!!!!!!!!!! What's with that?
I have 2 houses and 4 cars insured with them with no tickets and no claims in 30 years.

I had planned to trailer the tractor to my farm and leave it in a conex box have the time and at my house the other time. How are you all insuring your tractors????

/ Tractor Insurance #2  
My car insurance is with Allstate. They estimated $155 for 6 months to cover $20,000 worth of tractor.

/ Tractor Insurance #3  
SCDolphin said:
I was getting ready to buy a tractor, so I called my State Farm agent and they told me that they no longer insure tractors!!!!!!!!!!!! What's with that?
I have 2 houses and 4 cars insured with them with no tickets and no claims in 30 years.

I had planned to trailer the tractor to my farm and leave it in a conex box have the time and at my house the other time. How are you all insuring your tractors????
I don't understand all these insurance companies that have farm inserted into their name. It must be a feel good thing for them. Or maybe some kind of tax break. Anyway, I added mine to my farm policy with Oklahoma Farm Bureau.

EDIT: It does matter what size tractor you're wanting to insure. Some are considered lawn mowers and are easily added to your homeowners policy.

/ Tractor Insurance #4  
We have Erie insurance. I added an Inland Marine policy to cover 2 tractors and all my attachments.
Cost runs around $135 per year.

/ Tractor Insurance #5  
In 1995, I insured my new B7100 Kubota with Farmers Insurance, which also had my auto insurance and homeowners policy. But a year later, they sent me a notice that it would not be renewed. My agent was in a small town in a farming community and he said he really got hit hard because Farmers Insurance decided to quit insuring any farm equipment.:eek: So in 1999, when I bought the B2710, I just let Kubota insure it and paid $558 up front for 4 years of insurance.

/ Tractor Insurance #6  
I insured my tractor through Kubota. I found it to be very inexpensive and straightforward. The premiums are just included in the monthly payment. It was pretty cheap and easy for me.

/ Tractor Insurance #7  
NC Farm Bureau here. Inland/Marine policy to cover $20,000 worth of tractor and inplements for $115 a year. Covers most anything including theft, transportation damage, accidents including rollover, etc. I also have home and autos covered through them at a reasonable price. Insured through them for over 20 years and am very happy.

/ Tractor Insurance #8  
Here in Canada I just added it onto the house insurance (Farm Policy) and it was $5 per year per $1000 of tractor value. Don't know if it would be any different if I lived in a different area.

/ Tractor Insurance #9  
SCDolphin said:

You might want to ask about an Inland Marine policy. I keep my tractor in a barn on a 40 acres of land about 8 miles from where i live, building ahouse this spring and will be moving there in a couple of months. Until then though, my State Farm Agent issued anInland Marine insurance policy to cover the tractor. I just got the renwel notice, $289 fper year of coverage on a 1 year old 49 hp 4wd open cab tractor with a FEL.

Hoipe that helps

/ Tractor Insurance #10  
Our tractor in NYS is under our home-owner's policy with Nationwide but only if on the property. If I drive it on the road it will need NYS vehicle insurance.