Which compnents are better?

/ Which compnents are better? #1  

Barrybud

Tractor
Simplicity Broadmoor
Hi All,

I am on the hunt for a new piece of equipment. I get conflicting advice/comments from different dealers that will naturally bad mouth competing brands.
I will not include Brand names because I am hoping for honest input on different features and don’t want "machine color" bias. I will say that these are from ZTR’s.

The first is drive method. Are dual wheel pumps and motors better than a 1 piece unit for both? If so why? One might think "fewer parts less potential failure"?

Next, Belt drive or shaft drive for the deck and/or the drive.

PTO electromagnetic or hydraulic?

Full suspension or high quality seat suspension?

Hydro deck lift and cutting height adjustments or manual?

The concern for these are long term service even if they cost a bit more. Thanks for your comments.

/ Which compnents are better? #2  
I can pull a bit apart here as to some of the comparisons and being able to speak of three brands of zero turns that we sell my answers are from the shop.
The hydraulic PTO is used on large farm tractors and is a easy engage compared to an electric clutch which is on or off. This reduces stress on belts and idler components used in the system.
Belt vs driveshaft, the belt is a potential slip point where the driveshaft is positive. With proper lubrication the shaft will well out live a belt.
The hydraulic lift is a great feature as it removes stress from an operator, many of the manual lift mowers are a little on the tough side to operate for a lighter operator.
Not all mowers have the ability to use hydraulic activated lifts or power attachments do to the lack of a pump to operate them.
Good seats are a must for many but a large set of tires with the proper air pressure will do a lot to level a rough field. After all if you don't fall into the hole then you can't feel it.

/ Which compnents are better?
I was comparing the Kubota ZG20 Which has the Single piece hydro, shaft drive and deck power, Hydro lift and cut height and a wet clutch. It also has a built in crank lift on the front of the unit for blade access.

The other unit is the Ferris IS1500 that has the 2 pumps and wheel motors and belts, and full suspension. Both have a ground speed within 1 MPH of each other, Wheel size is the same, weigh the same,both have folding ROPS and same warranty. Both dealers seem reputable and about the same distance. After all money deals the cost difference is $1, yup one dollar.

/ Which compnents are better? #5  
I have two ZTR mowers and none are Kubota but one has a Kubota diesel in it.
I have to use a seperate jack to raise the mowers for cleaning the decks, I like the built in jack idea, the driveshaft is gonna last alot longer than a belt,
if it is a wet pto then that will also last longer than the 300+ cost of electric clutch. A good suspension seat goes a long ways.