Many Thanks, Bought the tractor!!

/ Many Thanks, Bought the tractor!! #1  

James Reany

About a month or so ago I asked if I should "rent, buy or hire"?? I choose to purchase and I want to thank all of you who have responded. I took your advice and purchased.
I checked out auctions, local dealers and the internet. Soon I got a feel for the tractor I was looking for. I decided on a Iseki 1910, 4wd front end loader, auger and drag. It has about 22 H/P and has performed very well. I ended up buying it on the internet from a dealer in Texas. I had it delivered to my door for less than the local guy wanted. It was in tip-top shape and has run exceptionally well. I have managed to run it out of fuel, break the pins on the auger, hopelessly bury the auger and get two flat tires.
What I have decided is that purchasing was the best deal. I have so many things that I will end up doing with it that I don't know how we would have got as far as we have without it. We have put up a field fence using railroad ties, about 480 feet to be exact, with another 400 feet to go. Just mooving the RR ties was a breeze with it. Thanks again for the help. JR

/ Many Thanks, Bought the tractor!! #2  
Great, another satisfied member. Welcome to TBN. What part of the country are you in? Might want to fill out your profile so we know a little more about you. Helps when you ask a question if we know where you are, what kind of tractor you have etc.

/ Many Thanks, Bought the tractor!! #3  
James:

Welcome to TBN :D! Good luck and operate safely :). Jay

/ Many Thanks, Bought the tractor!! #4  
Welcome JR.
Porch lights always on here so stop by often and chime in and share. :)

/ Many Thanks, Bought the tractor!! #5  
I'm sorry to hear that you are sick like the rest of us....I'm afraid that the only cure, in the short term, is a tortuous ordeal called "seat time". Chronic reoccurances will ultimately be fatal to your checkbook.......(Grin) Wonderful to have you with us in this wing of the "hospital"....BobG in VA

/ Many Thanks, Bought the tractor!! #6  
BobG_in_VA said:
I'm sorry to hear that you are sick like the rest of us....I'm afraid that the only cure, in the short term, is a tortuous ordeal called "seat time". Chronic recurrences will ultimately be fatal to your checkbook.......(Grin) Wonderful to have you with us in this wing of the "hospital"....BobG in VA

Uh-Oh! Sounds like the "patients" are running the hospital!

Anyway, James - sounds like you got a good tractor under you. You've probably noticed that there is a certain special feel you get when you look back at the end of the day and see all that was accomplished, and all you can think is, "I did all that with this? Wow!"

The other certain special feeling will send you to the local farm supply store where you will be inextricable pulled to the area with attachments and such.

jb

/ Many Thanks, Bought the tractor!! #7  
POST PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'd like to see what we ah...persuaded you to get.

Not another "I bought" post with no pics.....

wait.gif

/ Many Thanks, Bought the tractor!! #8  
Welcome Welcome..............so far you have been able to get two flats, run out of fuel, brake pins on the auger so it is time to take a night off and read the manuals! Enjoy the ride, post a picture or two and play safe.

Wayne

/ Many Thanks, Bought the tractor!! #9  
What do you mean you put up a fence with Railroad ties??? Please elaborate. Got some people on the RR and would like to know if I have access to a free supplier of fence supplies. :)

/ Many Thanks, Bought the tractor!! #10  
Ahh yes, RR crossties for fencing... Reminds me of a story...
There is a place down near Ocala that has a very nice fence made out of RR crossties. When I first saw it, they looked like new crossties.
Seems somebody else noticed it also, because rumor has it, a RR Police stopped by and wrote a few serial numbers down off the posts. The posts were bought by the landowner from a guy who had a bunch, and was buying them surplus. So he bought enough, at a good price to fence his entire acreage in. Seems like there was at least half a mile of posts on the main road, so he probably bought a lot, and got a good deal.
Turned out, the posts were part of a RR shipment that got stolen from a car parked on a siding. The landowner had to pay the RR full price for the crossties he had in his pocession.
Sure made a pretty fence, but I am sure he wasn't as happy with it as he was the day he put them in the ground. Probably outlast the used ones that lined my place when I bought it, by several times over.
David from Jax