JD 3203 vs. New Holland TC30 vs. Kubota L3400

/ JD 3203 vs. New Holland TC30 vs. Kubota L3400 #1  

RAD10

I'm looking at a small 30hp tractor with front end load, box blad and brush hog. I am going with 4wd and have did comparisons and read different reviews.

Now it is time to ask for opinions of guys that actually use the tractors and not those trying to sell them.

Please chime in and give me your opinion on the tractors I listed. Looking for thoughts on which way to go as far as better model. Price if basically the same for each so that is not an issue for me.

Thanks,
mark

/ JD 3203 vs. New Holland TC30 vs. Kubota L3400 #2  
The only thing I'm going to submit is that the PTO of the Deere 3203 cannot be used with the operator off seat.

If you're planning on using a chipper, log splitter, generator or other implement that requires stationary PTO use, you might want to consider another tractor.

/ JD 3203 vs. New Holland TC30 vs. Kubota L3400 #3  
Mark,

The 3203 also doesn't have position control for the 3PH. Not necessarily a show-stopper, but with a box blade, position control makes for easier operation.

/ JD 3203 vs. New Holland TC30 vs. Kubota L3400
sounds like if I go JD then I would need to look at a different model which would change my cost.

Anyone with thoughts on the other tractors

/ JD 3203 vs. New Holland TC30 vs. Kubota L3400 #5  
RAD10:

Welcome to TBN :D! I would suggest you provide us with additional information as to your location, property, intended use currently, and future plans as well as initial budget. I will warn you that we love to spend other people's money :eek: and there are quite a few HP junkies in TBN land. Keep the entries coming :). Jay

I have 15 acres mostly wooded that I will clear out a bunch of it. about 3-5 acres is already cleared and i will mow it. I have about 500' gravel drive that i will keep up and several planned landscape projects.

Plus we have about 1mile of private road that we take care of that i could see using my tractor to help with.

That is just to name a few things off the top of my head.

/ JD 3203 vs. New Holland TC30 vs. Kubota L3400 #7  
RAD10 said:
sounds like if I go JD then I would need to look at a different model which would change my cost.

Anyone with thoughts on the other tractors

RAD, not necessarily, but perhaps. Position control isn't absolutely necessary, though I will be the first to admit it is nice. Two other things about the 3203 you need to know: Deere makes no BH for this tractor and you can't get a mid-mount pto for it. Other than these items, it is a lot of tractor for the buck. Some will say that since you're 95% of the way to a 3x20 tractor, then go all the way! A 3x20 tractor is deluxe in ways many tractors only dream of! :)

/ JD 3203 vs. New Holland TC30 vs. Kubota L3400 #8  
I am not sure about the Kubota as far as comparison but I beleive the John Deere 790 is comparable with the New Holland TC30. They are both tractors built to compete and you can get them in hydro if you wish. You may want to look at the 790.

murph

/ JD 3203 vs. New Holland TC30 vs. Kubota L3400 #9  
RAD10:

Do not "lock" yourself into absolute HP numbers. Look at all the variables. You are looking at widely divergent tractor needs and use. The ~5A's of cleared area- is it level and/or sloped, what kind of "stuff" are you going to have to cut? The gravel drive will not be a major problem for the size tractor for which you are looking. We are all interested in the landscape projects. If you are planning to use the FEL a lot you should go with HST. Jay

the 5A is flat land that is a little rough. In fact all the land is pretty much flat so no worries of hills or slopes. I think the HP of each of these tractors would be enough for this and yes I am going with HST.

Someone asked about price range, each are right around 20k with the package i'm looking at with tractor, FEL, BB, BH and a 18' trailor.

I would be interested in other attachments later but now this is it.

Other than what has been said is there any reason why one brand is better than the other or is this basically a matter of choose my favorite color because i won't go wrong with either one???

I did make it out to a Kubota dealer tonight and i must say it was nice. plan to visit JD next week and back to NH later to revisit them.