Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    2003 Kioti 50C FEL with QA, 72" root grapple, woods ' box blade, kioti 72" tiller,18J mini excavator, 71 GMC dump truck, 4 200 cc dirt bikes, 500cc BMX XUV 4x4, 346 xp killer chain saw, 40x64x12 insulated epoxy coated floor garage

Default Re: What\'s your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra

I dont know a thing about the others, but I have owned a 3054 Kioti since 1996 and have had a few failures.nothing I woud consider major, I have a fel (kelly) its a little slower on movement than I prefer but it is stout. Parts for the kioti are available, You wont need them anyway. I have used mine extensively and it's tuff..I still like bota too. Price was the issue for me also to an extent the durability wouldnt be compromised.
    Terry

I just bought a F4350 Branson w/loader for $14500.00 from the dealer in Battle creek mich.

Gold Member

Please let us know the pro's and cons' once you get a few hrs under the seat

I've been reading responses to your question. No one has mentioned resale or trade in value. I think it is a very important consideration. Many people who buy a tractor will want/need a bigger/better model in the future. All of the major brands hold their value well. I doubt this is the case with any of the brands you mentioned. While I understand very well your sesitivity to price, spending a small amount more now will save you many dollars down the road, IMHO.

What other brand does your "Kioti" dealer sell. I have a dealer not far from me who "says" he sells Kioti's. BUT guess what, he also sells kubota. Hmmmm. Did you ask them why they don't stock any tractors?

Tractor
    Mahindra 4110

That's definitely a valid point - I'm sure the resell on green/blue/other orange/etc. would be much higher. The issue for me though is that to get an "equivalent" "other color" (e.g. HP, weight, etc.), it would exceed what I have budgeted. I'm really trying to get the most "bang for the buck" on the front side instead of the back side.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK 35

I just recently went with the Kioti dk 35 ,because with the price differance as compared to the major brands i could get the bigger model in the first place so it should be all the tractor i need in the future.
    this way resale value isn't much of a concern because i plan to keep it around a long,long time.
    And before my purchase i checked the kioti's over quite well,and don't beleive i gave anything up on quality..

As Kioti becomes more recognizable as a high quality tractor, the resale value will come up. Just check prices in and around a good Kioti dealer the resale values will be much higher than where there aren't any dealers around. In general the resale values are already on their way up.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3710DT & Yanmar 186D

I don't know what other brands of tractors this dealer sells, if any. I called them and didn't visit since there was nothing for me to see. After being pleasantly surprised at how inexpensively I could get kubota (from dealers other than this Kioti dealer), I have concentrated on that brand. I have more experience with Kubota than any other brand than my Yanmar and have a high opinion of them. My uncle has a M4030SU that I borrow whenever I have job that is too large for my current tractor and I have been impressed by it and the others I have used and seen in my neighborhood. I have looked at JD and NH but I don't think they are right for me. I do not think Kioti is a bad tractor, only that it isn't the best choice for me.

I like your answer. Of course it would be better if you had said you were going to buy a Kioti [img]/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif[/img][img]/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif[/img]. There is no doubting that kubota has a high quality machine. I like hearing about other "dealers" who "sell" Kioti's I think some only move the minimum amount and concentrate on their other brand. It keeps Kioti behind them. I guess there are unscrupulous(???) dealers here and there no matter what brand they are.[img]/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif[/img][img]/w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast