What's your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra

/ What's your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra
Re: What\'s your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra

Thanks to all for your opinions. It was a very difficult decision, but after considering a number of factors, I brought home a Mahindra 4110. I thought I'd post a little information on the +'s & -'s and why I went this route.

The Branson & Century (same tractor, different importer) had strong positives in the "driveablity" department - smooth clutch, smooth shifting, and a very smooth engine. However, I found the fit/finish the roughest of all the brands I was looking at. HP was the highest, but lift capacity was not. Overall nice machines, but seemed to have limited dealers and I was less confident since those dealers I spoke with sold a relatively low volume of tractors.

The real toss-up came down to the DK40 & the 4110. From the spec. sheets from both manufacturers, the 4110 edged out the DK40 on just about every category, but spec sheets aren't everything.

The DK40 had some very nice convenience features with the 3 pt, which basically made getting stuff on/off quicker/easier with fewer tools. Necessary? No, but nice. Also, visibility - the DK40 has a lower hood compared to the driver, which improves your ability to see. Also, the arms on the DK40's loader have a lower arch, so you don't have a "blinder" effect as with the 4110.

So why the 4110 over the DK40? A couple of things- ergonomically I really felt comfortable in the 4110 - I could quickly get on and it was "intuitive" to operate - the Kioti I had to stop and think quite a bit more - I could have eventually become accustomed to the DK40, but it just didn't seemed to "fit" me as well. Specs - as alluded to earlier, it was generally beat out the DK40 in most categories. Gears - 12 instead of 8. Last (but not least) price - a difference in price in the 4 digit realm.

The biggest outstanding concerns I have are parts & resale. Based on the volume of Mahindras being sold by the dealerships I spoke with, I honestly think these will become very popular due to the price/performance ratio, hence improving resale value down the road.

Parts? The dealer I bought the tractor from (they sell Kioti too) said that overall, parts were readily available for both brands. They did give me some specific examples of when parts were a little behind, but most of the time these were somewhat obscure items. So the bottom line is I can't say for sure at this point, but again, based on the volume of sales, I think there will be a good market for parts sales in the future.

I've generally found that folks are pretty proud of the brand they buy (that's ok - it's natural). However, I can honestly say I had a REALLY hard time choosing since I had not built up a brand loyalty based on past experiences (or lack thereof). I'm sure I could have been happy with any of them - as well as a green/blue/orange, but based on my goals & priorities, I think that 4110 is the best fit for me.

/ What's your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra #22  

All that really matters is that you're happy with what you bought. It's great to get all the input from everyone else, but the bottom line is that YOU make the decision and YOU live with it! I'm going through the same evaluation process that you did, and I don't expect to be buying for at least a year /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif, but I fully intend to keep asking questions and researching. Please keep us informed as you gain experience with the 4110 - regardless of whether it's good or bad. Thanks and GOOD LUCK /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif!

/ What's your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra #23  

Your dealer sounds a lot like E&E in Azle, TX (Massey, Kioti, Mahindra + lots of implements). They are a good choice if you are close enough to them to get service and parts. I hope you are happy with your Mahindra.

That was a pretty good guess! Although I had stopped by and spoke with them, they had stopped carrying the Mahindras recently. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif Seemed like good folks there though. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif (They had a bunch of Kioti's available)

I wound up driving down to Houston (actually the gigantic town of "Cut & Shoot, Texas" near Houston) to Top Flight Equipment. Even though it was considerably "out of the way", I saved quite a bit compared to the Mahindra dealers "locally".

I'll say this, although I went there for the price, I had better service than I could ever imagine. I actually made 2 trips, the first to discuss the sale, the second to pick it up. Between both visits, I spent about 8 hours with the same salesman, who was never high pressure and never seemed to "skim over" an issue or question. If he had the answer he told me, if he didn't know, he told me, and we would look and discuss and figure it out together (nothing major - just minor nuances). To say it was a pleasant experience is an understatement.

Don't know if anyone out there is looking @ buying a Kioti/Mahindra soon, but if you are, talk to Travis @ Top Flight - I'm happy I did!

Their web site is:
<A target="_blank" HREF=http://topflightequipment.com/>http://topflightequipment.com/</A>

/ What's your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra #25  

RanchMan, I didn't know what part of the state you were in, and the dealer in Cut & Shoot may have been your best choice, but there's also a Mahindra dealer out in the country on FM 308 east of I-35 and Elm Mott that apparently would have been a lot closer. I don't know enough about him to form an opinion as to how good he is, but he's been there and had a fair inventory for the 7 years I've lived in this area.

Thanks for that - I'm in the Dallas area. I had actually called around quite a bit, but nobody in the Dallas area was able to compete (or even meet) with the price of the folks in Cut & Shoot. I honestly can't remember if I contacted the folks in Elm Mott, although I would have liked to avoid driving as far for sure!

I had even offered to go $500 higher to anyone in the area than what I could get it for down South, but no takers unfortunately. When it comes to regular service, I'm definitely going to have to find a closer dealer!

/ What's your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra #27  

RanchMan, the dealer is Angus Valley Farm Equipment, 119 Beavers Road (corner of FM308), Elm Mott, TX 76640, (254) 822-1842. I've just been there a couple of times, looking, and once with a neighbor taking a 500 gallon PTO powered spray rig for them to overhaul, so I really don't know much about them.

Thanks!

Hello all -

I've put some pictures of my new Mahindra up on the web. If you wanna see a little more detailed pictures of a 4110 than the typical literature, go to this link:

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pbase.com/traxer128/root> Mahindra 4110 Pictures</A>

PS: Please forgive the dust/dirt - I had been working with the box blade all day... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ What's your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra #30  

Ranchman,

Nice job on the photo site... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Here's your unit with the Kubota Powerplant by TYM...

t390_sea.jpg

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG