What's your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra

/ What's your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra #1  

RanchMan

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4110
What\'s your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra

Hello all -

I've finally decided to bite the bullet and get a tractor. I've been reading info at this website for about a year now, so I've learned a lot, but wanted to get the latest feedback.

A *little* about my use for it -
Basic FEL work, post hole digging, dirt road maintainence, and mowing on select areas of ~220 acre Texas ranch. One field, ~ 2.5 acres to plow/seed (for wildlife).

I've narrowed it to:

Branson F4350 ~ $13,750
Kioti DK40 ~ $14,500
Mahindra 4110 ~ $14,250

I wouldn't MIND having a blue, orange (other orange), or green, but it all boils down to $$$ - in that I simply can't bring myself to spend the extra money.

SO - based on what I've read here (and a few other places) folks generally seem to like these tractors - maybe an occasional problem, or occasional difficulty getting a part - but overall, a generally positive response.

My questions:
1) are there any "got-ya's" I've missed with any of these tractors?
2) if you were trying to make this decision, what would you do and why.

Thanks for your input!

/ What's your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra #2  
Re: What\'s your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra

95.jpg

<font color=blue>...I've narrowed it to:... Branson F4350 ~ $13,750...</font color=blue>

Both the Kioti and this Mahindra model are manufactured by the same company, Daedong in Korea with lesser useable horsepower than the Branson.

I believe out of the three chosen... the Branson has the most value, especially with the Yanmar 4 cyl (Same as John Deere 4700...)

I would even purchase the Branson if it cost $1000... more than the others...

{the Korean companies have a lot of sister/brother-in-law effects-meaning many are intertwined...}

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ What's your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra #3  

Are these prices with HST and any implements? I would also ask the dealer about parts and service availability. Getting a good price on a tractor you can't use isn't worth it. ask them for names of people in your area that own these and speak to them about service and parts etc. good luck...

/ What's your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra #4  

John,
I thought the Mahindra was made in India, based on the old IH tractors in the 50's and 60's.

/ What's your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra #5  

<font color=blue>...Mahindra was made in India...</font color=blue>

tractor3.jpg

Mahindra Utility Tractor Made in India

4110NI.jpg

Mahindra Compact Tractor 4110-ENGINE DAEDONG 4A200- Made in Korea

Yes Dave... the big "boys" are India... and the new compact line is Korean... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ What's your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra #6  

I spoke to a Kioti dealer before buying my Kub. I really wasn't impressed with the value of Kioti over the Kub. Once the feature for feature comparison was leveled out, so I was comparing apples to apples, Kioti doesn't have much of a price advantage. Factor in the non-existent parts/repair infrastructure, and my vote goes to the legits. Of course you indicate that you are VERY price sensitive, so I respect that. But to get over the "value" thing, do you think you could describe the size (HP), features (no HST, for sure, but position control, mid-PTO, etc), and implements that come with each for the price?

I bet that others here are like me - curious what the value comparison is between the "majors" and the greys first and foremost. Once we get over that, we can focus on the pros/cons of the narrowed choices. I am assuming you're talking new in all cases.

/ What's your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra #7  

I haven't bought yet, but I'm in about the same situation as PaulT regarding Kioti and Kubota. The best price I could find on a DK35 on the net was a 4 hour drive away. My closest Kioti dealer doesn't even stock tractors. There are two Kubota dealers within 45 minutes of me that have priced a L3010 Kubota for the same price I could get that Kioti. The L3010 is 3hp smaller than the DK35 but is far ahead of the Kioti in virtually every other respect.

/ What's your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra #8  

JeffRey30747

<font color=blue>My closest Kioti dealer doesn't even stock tractors.</font color=blue>

You know, I've noticed the same phenomenon here. My nearest dealer doesn't have any tractors on hand. Bota dealer does though, as do JD and NH. It concerns me that if they don't have tractors, will they have all the parts?

I think Kioti's big price advantage is kind of past. I've noticed the number of dealers listed on their website has tripled in my State in the last year. So, I'm thinking they're going to wind up being another major brand, which will mean their price will be competitive with everyone else.

SHF

/ What's your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra #9  

i am about to buy a dk -35 w/ a fel. does the price you mentioned include one?

/ What's your opinion of Branson, Kioti, or Mahindra

All the prices were without attachments. That's one of the reasons I'm a bit price sensitive since I will be spending additional dollars on all the other "stuff" I need.

To answer a PaulT's question regarding the "value" question, and some of the specifics of what you get in comparison- The Kubota I am comparing to is the L4300. Kubota HP - 45.3, Kioti - 40 HP, Mahindra - 41, Branson - 43.

The Kioti claims 8 forward/8 reverse (although if you add the optional "creep" trans it goes to 16f/16r). (Kubota web site claims 8f/2r). Mahindra & Branson have 12f/12r. All have the similar clutch, steering (e.g. hydrostatic), transmission, etc. Basically, comparable machines. Here are the links to each of them for more information if you want to look at the specifics.

Kubota
http://kubota.com/lseriesfeatures.cfm#list

Kioti
http://www.kiotitractor.com/newProducts/tracktors/02A.htm

Branson
http://www.bransontractor.com/products/4350.html

Mahindra
http://www.mahindrausa.com/4110.html

Regarding the parts/dealer issues - it seems to be a little different for me where I live in Texas than several of you in the rest of the US. I stopped at 2 dealers (both on the way to the ranch) on Saturday. One was a "mom & pop" shop, and he had about 5 Kiotis and 4 Bransons "on the lot". The other had about 15 Kioti's (a much larger operation) along with some other brands I'm not looking at.

One had sold Kioti for 7 yrs, the other 10 yrs. Of course these aren't the only 2 Kioti dealerships "near" me, but they were in a relatively straight line between my residence and my property. (There are 2 other Branson dealers within about 65 miles of my house as well.)

Both claimed that parts weren't a problem (taken with a grain of salt of course), but I didn't seem to see anything that would indicate differently looking around their places.

Interestingly, one of the dealers stated they stopped selling Mahindra for just that reason - parts availability - just the week before my visit.

I drove a Kioti and a Branson. My first impression was that I really liked the engine/transmission, steering, and larger deck on the Branson. Fit & finish seemed much better on the Kioti however. Basically the smoothness of the Yanmar, ease of shifting, tighter turning radius, were all much more "me" on the Branson. Don't get me wrong, I haven't ruled out the Kioti yet, this was just my first impression.

I'll let you know when I see a Mahindra up close....