Looking to buy a Bobcat 863 turbo

/ Looking to buy a Bobcat 863 turbo #1  

Lynkage

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L48 w/sims steel cab
I found a really good deal on a bobcat 863 turbo 2002 model w/1000 hrs.

It is very clean and runs like a champ.
The reason I am looking is because I want to go into business for myself and bobcats move dirt very fast in small places. This would go very well with my L48 and my new (to me) dump truck.

It also comes with a breaker,forks and a bucket. This unit has high flow as well.
It has a 72hp Deutz and even has service records for it's life. It was stored indoors and has no leaks and the bottom is not dinged in any way.

So my question is do you guys think I am crazy for wanting to make money for myself instead of others?
Shane

/ Looking to buy a Bobcat 863 turbo #2  
I've always been told don't buy a skid or excavator that has run a breaker hammer. The constant hammering plays **** on bushings in the arms.
An 843 is a pretty good sized Bobcat, with all the stuff that comes with it what is the price on it?

/ Looking to buy a Bobcat 863 turbo #3  
Look for a T series bobcat (or any track skid steer). The tires are cheaper, but the ride of a track machine is MUCH better. Had an 873 until it was stolen and with the insurance money was replaced with a T300. The wheel loader was nice, but the track machine will not be so bouncy over rough terrain. Tracks are a huge plus if you are going to spend any amount of time operating the machine.

/ Looking to buy a Bobcat 863 turbo #4  
Tracks are alot better if you are going to be operating in muddy or soft conditions, they also don't tear up turf as bad because of the lower ground pressure.
Downsides to track machines is the tracks are expensive to replace and they wear very quickly while working on concrete or paved surfaces.

/ Looking to buy a Bobcat 863 turbo
It is understood that they can have problems with having a breaker but this is some of the intended uses for this machine. It is just a part of owning a tool like that. I got the whole shootin match for 20K.

The owner of this machine was the owner of a constuction company and was more or less his personal machine.:D

Also Bobcat of the rockies told me they would buy it for 20k and sellit for 25k without the breaker.!!

/ Looking to buy a Bobcat 863 turbo #6  
Lynkage said:
I found a really good deal on a bobcat 863 turbo 2002 model w/1000 hrs.

It is very clean and runs like a champ.
The reason I am looking is because I want to go into business for myself and bobcats move dirt very fast in small places. This would go very well with my L48 and my new (to me) dump truck.

It also comes with a breaker,forks and a bucket. This unit has high flow as well.
It has a 72hp Deutz and even has service records for it's life. It was stored indoors and has no leaks and the bottom is not dinged in any way.

So my question is do you guys think I am crazy for wanting to make money for myself instead of others?
Shane
There was many posts a year or less ago about a Bobcat owner that purchased a new one for his business at Lake Tahoe for snow removal in the winters, and projects in the summer months. He had nothing but problems with the unit, along with poor warranty service, and posted many complaints on TBN. You may find it by doing a search here on TBN? I think it had a turbo also? I would do some research for customer satisfaction first!?

Rich P said:
Look for a T series bobcat (or any track skid steer). The tires are cheaper, but the ride of a track machine is MUCH better. Had an 873 until it was stolen and with the insurance money was replaced with a T300. The wheel loader was nice, but the track machine will not be so bouncy over rough terrain. Tracks are a huge plus if you are going to spend any amount of time operating the machine.

I am looking good shaped used to keep costs down. I have not seen any track machines for sale used but I also think wheels would be better for my application. maybe not?

/ Looking to buy a Bobcat 863 turbo #8  
Sounds like a good deal then at $20k. With 10o0 hours on it it may not be too wore because nt all of those 1000 are running the breaker, but it is like the front end of your tractor with a front end loader versus the same tractor never having a front end loader. It may be intended but that doesn't mean it won't wear faster.

Birdhunter1 said:
Sounds like a good deal then at $20k. With 10o0 hours on it it may not be too wore because nt all of those 1000 are running the breaker, but it is like the front end of your tractor with a front end loader versus the same tractor never having a front end loader. It may be intended but that doesn't mean it won't wear faster.

This is true but I keep thinking it is better than running a 110lb jackhammer and being vibrated all day!;)

/ Looking to buy a Bobcat 863 turbo #10  
I think that price is good. Breakers are quite expensive to buy new. I bought a used 1998 Bobcat 873, cab heat, hand controls and bucket 5 years ago for $15,000 with 1100 hours. Not high flow. No pallet forks or breaker.
Had to replace o rings in the hydraulic control valve but otherwise flawless after 700 more hours. I believe it has the same Duetz engine. I think they have since gone to Kubota engines to meet EPA requirements.