Comparison How do the Kubota 7510 HSD and the Kioti CK 20 HST compare (both w/ backhoe & loader?

/ How do the Kubota 7510 HSD and the Kioti CK 20 HST compare (both w/ backhoe & loader? #1  

kurtfromct

How do the Kubota 7510 HSD and the Kioti CK 20 HST compare (both w/ backhoe & loader?

how do they match up when looking at power, reliability, price, retain value when selling, warrenties, engines, ect. thanks

/ How do the Kubota 7510 HSD and the Kioti CK 20 HST compare (both w/ backhoe & loader? #2  
Re: How do the Kubota 7510 HSD and the Kioti CK 20 HST compare (both w/ backhoe & loader?

kurtfromct said:
how do they match up when looking at power, reliability, price, retain value when selling, warrenties, engines, ect. thanks

KURT: They are both excellent tractors, but other things need to be factored in; which includes the cost of each, the dealer reputation and distance, and your comfort level with each tractor? I had a "clash" with a Kioti dealer several years ago, and he didn't even show the courtesy to return my call, after I had spent several hours there! I thought the Kioti was more tractor for the same money as the Kubota? Several items on the Kioti were standard, while an option on the Kubota. He showed little interest in my questions on a CK 30; meanwhile the Kubota dealer went the extra mile for my business, and also gave me a better deal and service! It was a combination of things that gave me satisfaction with the Kubota sale! The Kioti dealer is doing a dis-service to the franchise! Don't rush yourself, and read (study) the brochures for the tractors of your choice, since this is you first tractor; ask lots of questions including tire choice, which has been a mistake for some. Also, make each dealer sharpen their pencil to give you a fair quote. Have you checked with Carvers on this site; they are very competitive, and may set the "bench mark" for others on Kubota tractors prices? The resale value depends on the environment and care of them.

/ How do the Kubota 7510 HSD and the Kioti CK 20 HST compare (both w/ backhoe & loader? #3  
Re: How do the Kubota 7510 HSD and the Kioti CK 20 HST compare (both w/ backhoe & loader?

kurtfromct said:
Engine and PTO power are similar. FEL capacity for the CK20 is greater, just make sure you get the new version instead of the older version that cracks. Reliability for the Kubota is legendary in the industry, according to my dealers (both dealers I deal with are multi-brand dealers) they say Kubota has the lowest warranty claim rate in the industry. Price is regional, typically the Kioti is a bit cheaper. Retained value will favor the Kubota, it and Deere have the highest resale value. Warrenty on the Kioti is a bit longer. The two tractors are really very different types of machines, the CK20 is a heavy little tractor, ideally suited for ground engaging work. The B7510 is a very light little tractor, ideal for yard work, lawn mowing, light landscaping.

I'd also mention that the dealer is often the biggest factor. You may want to do a search for threads about the value of good, or quality dealers. Many of us here believe the dealer standing behind the brand is more important than the brand. Its been discussed regularly.

/ How do the Kubota 7510 HSD and the Kioti CK 20 HST compare (both w/ backhoe & loader?

thanks guys for the tips, they are very helpful

/ How do the Kubota 7510 HSD and the Kioti CK 20 HST compare (both w/ backhoe & loader? #5  

Bob_Skurka said:
...The two tractors are really very different types of machines, the CK20 is a heavy little tractor, ideally suited for ground engaging work. The B7510 is a very light little tractor, ideal for yard work, lawn mowing, light landscaping.
An often overlooked consideration. Good point of prespectiveness, as obvious as it may seem.

/ How do the Kubota 7510 HSD and the Kioti CK 20 HST compare (both w/ backhoe & loader? #6  

I first looked at kioti and I thought they were nice! Then the dealer closed up
and the next closest one was on the other side of the state. I've got 4 kubota dealers within 50 miles. Is kioti a good tractor? Time will tell! I know kubotas are good and service is there when you need it.

/ How do the Kubota 7510 HSD and the Kioti CK 20 HST compare (both w/ backhoe & loader? #7  

I'm not sure but I would contact a dealer for both and sum them up in size weight and quality.I Checked on them a few years ago and I think that Kioti has a little better warranty than Kubota but I don't know anything else.My Brother-n-Law has owned one for about 5 years and it had about 700hrs on it when he bought it.As far as I know he has not had any problems with it.
Donny

/ How do the Kubota 7510 HSD and the Kioti CK 20 HST compare (both w/ backhoe & loader? #8  

don716 said:
I'm not sure but I would contact a dealer for both and sum them up in size weight and quality.I Checked on them a few years ago and I think that Kioti has a little better warranty than Kubota but I don't know anything else.My Brother-n-Law has owned one for about 5 years and it had about 700hrs on it when he bought it.As far as I know he has not had any problems with it.
Donny
Kubotas "B" series weight has concerned some to think it is structurally weak, which is not true! These are considered an all purpose, somewhat light duty tractor in Kubotas marketing strategy, for mowing, gardening with a tiller, backhoe/loader use, and etc.,which allows the added weight if needed; or removed if you plan on some serious mowing, and don't want the weight to damage the lawn! All castings can have different strength, depending on the purity of the metal in the casting! Kubota believes you can always add wt., but not be able to remove it!? I have seen some serious work done with the "B" series in all phases; it just takes longer!

/ How do the Kubota 7510 HSD and the Kioti CK 20 HST compare (both w/ backhoe & loader? #9  

I looked carefully at both and eventually bought the Kioti. I now have about 160hrs on my CK20. It has been a great tractor and I would do it again. However, that is not to say the Kubota is not also a fine machine.

The major differences are: Kioti is heavier (better for ground engaging, worse for lawn mowing), the Kioti has a significantly stronger loader (a plus), the Kioti has a curved loader (a plus for visibility), the Kioti has position control rather than quarter inching valve (a plus), the Kubota has a much bigger dealer network (a plus), Kioti has a longer warranty (presumably a plus), Kioti has a nice suspension seat which the Kubota does not. Kioti is typically a bit less expensive but that will vary considerably according to the dealership's willingness to deal. The backhoes are almost identical in performance as I recall. Resale is probably better on the Kubota due to it's greater name brand recognition but then again the Kubota B7510 is an outdated model and it's resale value will presumably drop once Kubota gets around to a long overdue facelift. I could easily sell my Kioti today for what I paid for it (list price has gone up since I bought mine and I got a great discount from the dealer as it has 28hrs on it).

If I wanted primarily a lawn mowing machine I would get the Kubota B7510 turf special and add the BH. If using a rotary cutter and ground engaging tools are important or if loader capability is high on the list of needs then the Kioti is better.

The Kioti is a more recent design and the Kubota is a bit long in the tooth if that means anything.

/ How do the Kubota 7510 HSD and the Kioti CK 20 HST compare (both w/ backhoe & loader? #10  

crbr said:
An often overlooked consideration. Good point of prespectiveness, as obvious as it may seem.
Well one thing that I see is that many people simply compare horsepower when they compare tractors. That to me, is a huge mistake.

The better way to shop for tractors, in my humble opinion, is to lay out the tasks you will be doing LONG TERM with the tractor. Then find the tractor that is most suitable for the life of the tractor. Many people also look at the first couple years of work, or the short term use. When you move to a new property you have to build your landscaping (SHORT TERM USE). After it is built, then you maintain your landscaping (LONG TERM USE).

Focusing on the SHORT TERM uses leads people to often buy bigger tractors than they need because a bigger capacity tractor is often the best choice for building landscaping. It does shorten the time it takes to dig a hole or move a lot of earth. But then you may end up with a tractor that doesn't fit your long term needs because it may not fit through your garden gates, between your wife's prized rose bush beds, or mow up close to your structures, birdbath, etc. It may also force you to alter your landscape plans to suit your tractor choice, adding bigger (more expensive) gates, wider mowing paths that and actually end up making your projects bigger than originally planned.

Focusing on LONG TERM use, you project out your needs to AFTER the landscaping is built. You realize that you may end up taking a bit longer to build your landscape, or maybe your best choice is to occasionally rent a larger piece of equipment for a major weekend project, but you end up with a tractor that will suit your needs for a decade or two. Your smaller tractor will turn tighter, fit into places that others might now, probably won't rut your lawn, and may actually save you time on your mowing tasks every weekend. What would you rather do, save 2 or 3 hours of labor moving rocks the first year, or save 15 minutes every summer weekend for 10 years?

Decide what your real tasks are, find the tractor designed for that task list, buy that tractor. :)