Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Silver Member Piedmont's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    173
    Location
    NC, USA
    Tractor
    JD 2520

    Default Good tractor comparison site

    Does anyone know of a site that allows you to select sevral tractors and compare specs side by sied? I know JD & kubota have em but they decide what to comare it to.

  2. #2
    Gold Member RedRiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    395
    Location
    Senatobia, MS
    Tractor
    Mahindra Dealer

    Default Re: Good tractor comparison site

    Funny thing about JD comparison is that they list the specs that other brands outperform them on as "N/A". I get a good laugh out of that everytime I see it.
    Red River Tractor, Inc.
    Mahindra and Bush Hog dealer

  3. #3
    Gold Member BleedGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    471
    Location
    Iowa
    Tractor
    John Deere LX178

    Default Re: Good tractor comparison site

    Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver
    Funny thing about JD comparison is that they list the specs that other brands outperform them on as "N/A". I get a good laugh out of that everytime I see it.
    Just wondering if you could give us some examples of that...???

    The only "N/A"s I usually see are where the competing manufacturer does not supply the specification in thier printed literature. OR when the specification does not exist, such as Nebraska Tractor Test Numbers / Results, Maximum Torque, Maximum Torque Rise, Fuel Use per Hour, Maximum Operating Pressure of Hydraulic System, Maximum Hydraulic HP etc. These specifications ALL come up as N/A for the Mahindra 4510 & 5500 models when I just looked at them compared to the Deere 5203. Rather than assuming Deere is trying to hide something, it is possible that the competitive manufacturer does not print the specifications...???

    Also, where is Mahindra's online Comparison? I see lot's of claims regarding how much heavier and stronger they are, but very little to back that up...
    I can run a D100 and a 9560RT (and most of the models in between) all in the same day!!!

  4. #4
    Veteran Member Oleozz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,556
    Location
    Pa.
    Tractor
    International 1066 with Year Round Cab, Kioti DK 45S with Cab, 451 Loader

    Default Re: Good tractor comparison site

    I read a review on the Compact Tractor Review site and that was a joke. His evaluation was based on riding it around on the dealer lot and hearsay. You could tell he was prejudice from the get-go.
    I think the best place for comparisons is on this site.
    "Land management is an art that builds on history and is based in science." Herb Stoddard Sr.

  5. #5
    Super Member scott_vt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    5,083
    Location
    east wells,vt
    Tractor
    1986 MF 1040, 1942 Farmall A, 1949 Farmall Super A

    Default Re: Good tractor comparison site

    Quote Originally Posted by Oleozz
    I read a review on the Compact Tractor Review site and that was a joke. His evaluation was based on riding it around on the dealer lot and hearsay. You could tell he was prejudice from the get-go.
    I think the best place for comparisons is on this site.
    Afternoon Oleozz,
    I would have to agree with you on your statement about getting comparisons ! With the shear volume of members that we have on TBN along with all the different brands and models that members have, your going to get a pretty varied landscape of answers on why an owner picked his particular brand and model ! Its up to the individual thats doing the evaluating to sort through all of this info available and narrow his or her choice down to what will work for them !
    scotty

    ,,,course,,it is gas,and gas is,,well,gas,,so,,but it kills the @#$$ oughta them yellow jackets,,,thingy

    http://www.tractorbynet.com/content/...onth-scott_vt/

  6. #6
    Gold Member RedRiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    395
    Location
    Senatobia, MS
    Tractor
    Mahindra Dealer

    Default Re: Good tractor comparison site

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen
    Just wondering if you could give us some examples of that...???

    The only "N/A"s I usually see are where the competing manufacturer does not supply the specification in thier printed literature. OR when the specification does not exist, such as Nebraska Tractor Test Numbers / Results, Maximum Torque, Maximum Torque Rise, Fuel Use per Hour, Maximum Operating Pressure of Hydraulic System, Maximum Hydraulic HP etc. These specifications ALL come up as N/A for the Mahindra 4510 & 5500 models when I just looked at them compared to the Deere 5203. Rather than assuming Deere is trying to hide something, it is possible that the competitive manufacturer does not print the specifications...???

    Also, where is Mahindra's online Comparison? I see lot's of claims regarding how much heavier and stronger they are, but very little to back that up...
    Look on Mahindra's website and you will see all the specs clearly listed. Yes Mahindra does not have online comparisons, but what does that have to do with how well built a product is? I don't see your logic.

    I noticed the "N/A" specs when I was looking up comparisons for a customer a couple months ago. I can't remember the specific tractor hp I was looking up but I remember it being funny that they didn't have Mahindra's operating weight and 3 pt. hitch lift capacities listed on the models I was looking at which were two specs that Mahindra outperformed the JD on.

    I'm not looking to arguing with you, I'm just stating the facts.
    Red River Tractor, Inc.
    Mahindra and Bush Hog dealer

  7. #7
    Gold Member RedRiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    395
    Location
    Senatobia, MS
    Tractor
    Mahindra Dealer

    Default Re: Good tractor comparison site

    Quote Originally Posted by Oleozz
    I think the best place for comparisons is on this site.
    100% agreed

    Talking to owners of the tractors is better than any comparison sheet you'll ever see.
    Red River Tractor, Inc.
    Mahindra and Bush Hog dealer

  8. #8
    Elite Member
    Parts Supplier
    MessickFarmEqu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,910
    Location
    Lancaster County, PA

    Default Re: Good tractor comparison site

    Oh come on, be a big man and admit that they fudge the numbers... watch - I'll do it. If you look at a kubota or New Holland comparison (which I sell) often they cherry pick the model that they compare against and pick somthing thats a bit smaller to make themselves look better. Its pretty nieve to expect that your going to get totally truthful information from the manufacturer of any product. The same can be said of ANY tractor company.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1
    Location
    bhubaneswar
    Tractor
    nil

    Default Re: Good tractor comparison site

    I am looking for Mahindra Tractor for dual purpose ( Agriculture/commercial) , Can you suggest which Model of Mahindra Tractor is good in view of fuel economy and less in maintenance

  10. #10
    Super Star Member LD1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    10,609
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Tractor
    Kubota l3400

    Default Re: Good tractor comparison site

    Quote Originally Posted by sibu View Post
    I am looking for Mahindra Tractor for dual purpose ( Agriculture/commercial) , Can you suggest which Model of Mahindra Tractor is good in view of fuel economy and less in maintenance
    This thread is 5 years old. You'll get better answers if you start a new thread
    ".........there is only one way to find out."
    "Ok, hold my beer and watch this.........."


    Ford 5500 Backhoe
    Kubota L3400GST W/LA463 FEL
    2005 Dodge 3500 4x4 Diesel
    8N Rebuilt and restored
    Bushhog 306
    3 Homemade wood hauling trailers
    Dolmar 6400 84cc ported
    Sachs-Dolmar 120SI Ported
    (4) Sachs-Dolmar 116SI Ported
    Dolmar PS540
    Sachs-Dolmar 115i
    Sachs-Dolmar 117
    Sachs-Dolmar 112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.