Good tractor comparison site

/ Good tractor comparison site #1  

Piedmont

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 2520
Does anyone know of a site that allows you to select sevral tractors and compare specs side by sied? I know JD & Kubota have em but they decide what to comare it to.

/ Good tractor comparison site #2  
Funny thing about JD comparison is that they list the specs that other brands outperform them on as "N/A". I get a good laugh out of that everytime I see it.

/ Good tractor comparison site #3  
RedRiver said:
Funny thing about JD comparison is that they list the specs that other brands outperform them on as "N/A". I get a good laugh out of that everytime I see it.

Just wondering if you could give us some examples of that...???

The only "N/A"s I usually see are where the competing manufacturer does not supply the specification in thier printed literature. OR when the specification does not exist, such as Nebraska Tractor Test Numbers / Results, Maximum Torque, Maximum Torque Rise, Fuel Use per Hour, Maximum Operating Pressure of Hydraulic System, Maximum Hydraulic HP etc. These specifications ALL come up as N/A for the Mahindra 4510 & 5500 models when I just looked at them compared to the Deere 5203. Rather than assuming Deere is trying to hide something, it is possible that the competitive manufacturer does not print the specifications...???

Also, where is Mahindra's online Comparison? I see lot's of claims regarding how much heavier and stronger they are, but very little to back that up...

/ Good tractor comparison site #4  
I read a review on the Compact Tractor Review site and that was a joke. His evaluation was based on riding it around on the dealer lot and hearsay. You could tell he was prejudice from the get-go.
I think the best place for comparisons is on this site.

/ Good tractor comparison site #5  
Oleozz said:
I read a review on the Compact Tractor Review site and that was a joke. His evaluation was based on riding it around on the dealer lot and hearsay. You could tell he was prejudice from the get-go.

Afternoon Oleozz,
I would have to agree with you on your statement about getting comparisons ! With the shear volume of members that we have on TBN along with all the different brands and models that members have, your going to get a pretty varied landscape of answers on why an owner picked his particular brand and model ! Its up to the individual thats doing the evaluating to sort through all of this info available and narrow his or her choice down to what will work for them !;)

/ Good tractor comparison site #6  
BleedGreen said:
Just wondering if you could give us some examples of that...???

The only "N/A"s I usually see are where the competing manufacturer does not supply the specification in thier printed literature. OR when the specification does not exist, such as Nebraska Tractor Test Numbers / Results, Maximum Torque, Maximum Torque Rise, Fuel Use per Hour, Maximum Operating Pressure of Hydraulic System, Maximum Hydraulic HP etc. These specifications ALL come up as N/A for the Mahindra 4510 & 5500 models when I just looked at them compared to the Deere 5203. Rather than assuming Deere is trying to hide something, it is possible that the competitive manufacturer does not print the specifications...???

Also, where is Mahindra's online Comparison? I see lot's of claims regarding how much heavier and stronger they are, but very little to back that up...

Look on Mahindra's website and you will see all the specs clearly listed. Yes Mahindra does not have online comparisons, but what does that have to do with how well built a product is? I don't see your logic.

I noticed the "N/A" specs when I was looking up comparisons for a customer a couple months ago. I can't remember the specific tractor hp I was looking up but I remember it being funny that they didn't have Mahindra's operating weight and 3 pt. hitch lift capacities listed on the models I was looking at which were two specs that Mahindra outperformed the JD on.

I'm not looking to arguing with you, I'm just stating the facts.

/ Good tractor comparison site #7  
Oleozz said:

100% agreed

Talking to owners of the tractors is better than any comparison sheet you'll ever see.

/ Good tractor comparison site #8  
Oh come on, be a big man and admit that they fudge the numbers... watch - I'll do it. If you look at a Kubota or New Holland comparison (which I sell) often they cherry pick the model that they compare against and pick somthing thats a bit smaller to make themselves look better. Its pretty nieve to expect that your going to get totally truthful information from the manufacturer of any product. The same can be said of ANY tractor company.

/ Good tractor comparison site #9  
I am looking for Mahindra Tractor for dual purpose ( Agriculture/commercial) , Can you suggest which Model of Mahindra Tractor is good in view of fuel economy and less in maintenance

/ Good tractor comparison site #10  
I am looking for Mahindra Tractor for dual purpose ( Agriculture/commercial) , Can you suggest which Model of Mahindra Tractor is good in view of fuel economy and less in maintenance

This thread is 5 years old. You'll get better answers if you start a new thread:thumbsup: