Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Long/Landtrac360DTC

Default Re: Ready to order

Hello,
    My neighbor raises sheep and used to lose quite a few to coyotes. They have a llama and a donkey now, and their losses have dropped dramaticly.

Ed King

Tractor
    Kubota B7100HST & Kubota L4610HST w/FEL

Boondox
    I'm very pleased w/ turf tires[img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img], so I'll just leave add my $.02. Not experiencing the traction problems in wet grass, mud, snow personally. FWIW they're loaded.
    regards
    Mutt

Mutt... on your kubota L4610HST w/FEL ... do you have turfs...?

Ag Tire Formula=<font color=blue>...hilly, woods and heavy underbrush, old pastures, some marshy areas in spring...</font color=blue>

I think you'd be very disappointed with turf or industrial tires in your stated applications...

Miller's 80% Rule

Turf Tires=tractor finish mower 80% of it's time

Industrial Tires=tractor loader usage with near full bucket capacities 80% of it's time

Tractor

JohnMillerIII
    Yes, the oversize turfs on the larger one, standard on the b7100.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Veteran Member
    Cherry Valley, New York (near Cooperstown, NY)
    Tractor
    Kubota L4630, with cab and loader, 1951 Ferguson TO-20, 1986 Ford 5610 with loader

Sizzler, I have Ags on my tractor and I use them to mow several acres of lawn, as well as more typical farming applications.. They have NEVER left a mark on the lawn, even if was wet. For your application, do yourself a favor and get ags.

Rich
    "What a long strange trip it's been."

Tractor

JohnMillerIII
    <font color=blue>Turf Tires=tractor finish mower 80% of it's time</font color=blue> I can accept that[img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]. I do a lot of mowing without tearing up the grass or leaving inprints. Sounds like a acceptable rule. However, I've REALLY pushed some extreme conditions the other 20% of the time including mud, clearing out woods, snow,(it used to snow in Michigan) etc. and I'm happy with them. FWIW, when I bought it, we'd had a large snow storm, dealer called and asked if he could use it to clear his lot and semi bays. Told him no problem, he advised on delivery that he was "suprised" how well they worked in deep snow. I don't want to turn this thread into an ag v. turf so I'll just leave it with...they do work! [img]/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif[/img][img]/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    regards
    Mutt

Tractor
    1998 Kubota B21, 2005 Kubota L39

Mutt,
    Your photo looks like Dad and Son ready to go.[img]/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

MarkV

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3240HST, KX-121-3S

No kidding! My old tractor weighed about 1800# less than your beast, so maybe weight makes all the difference. I absolutely hated my turfs for their lack of traction and the ease with which they got punctured. How many plies on the type you're running?

Pete

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD425 lawn tractor; JD4710 CUT; JD JX75 Walk Behind

Sizzler,

Do yourself a favor and get the R1 ag tires. Your place sounds like mine. In past years I've had to hire bush hogger to do some contract work. He's got the bar tires and barely negotiates the wet spots.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast