Please advise on Kubota replacement

/ Please advise on Kubota replacement #1  

familyman

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3800HST
I'm considering selling my L2800 (see signature) and replacing it with a bigger machine. I do some side work and would like to dig with at least an 8' backhoe, and have hydro for dirt work. However, I also need to tow it with my '05 Dodge Cummins 2500. I realize that dealer support is important, and with that In mind I have Kioti, Deere, Kubota and Massey dealers in the area.
I now have about 160 hrs on this machine, and was wondering what it would be worth with the Kubota loader, and the Bush Hog 650 BH (I would keep the mower, boxblade and rake).

All suggestions welcome!

/ Please advise on Kubota replacement #2  
I could be wrong but if you are going to trade I would think you would get the most out of your Kubota at the dealer you bought it from. That is where I would start especially if you have been happy with the tractor and dealer.

/ Please advise on Kubota replacement #3  
The JD 3x20 series with a 300cx loader and 448 backhoe will weigh around 6000 pounds plus additional weight if loading the tires. The width would be 59 inches, allowing you to continue to use your current implements. You'd need a 10,000 GVW trailer, which should have a payload of around 7,500 pounds.

/ Please advise on Kubota replacement
JD,
My dealer (Erb and Henry) has been excellent overall, but I'm not sure how I'd make out on a trade. I'll call Butch and ask, but in the meantime I thought someone might have some idea of curb value.

Putt_Putt_,
Thanks, I'll look into that package.

/ Please advise on Kubota replacement #5  
Most Kubota dealers are normally short on used tractors as they tend to be slow on roll of customers. I'd be checking with a trade and tehy could also help with setting your market value for a private sale.

/ Please advise on Kubota replacement #6  
you're going to get crushed if you bought it new
160 hours means it's barely broken in, but it sells as used
and they have to make money on it, so you get even less
I'd keep it and buy another (or sell it privately, but even then you're going to take a beating)

/ Please advise on Kubota replacement #7  
LoneCowboy said:
you're going to get crushed if you bought it new
160 hours means it's barely broken in, but it sells as used
and they have to make money on it, so you get even less
I'd keep it and buy another (or sell it privately, but even then you're going to take a beating)

I'd Look at a B26. I think it would be ideal if your doing light construction work.

You'll do just fine on the trade. I'd expect around $14-15k or so.

/ Please advise on Kubota replacement #8  
familyman said:
I'm considering selling my L2800 (see signature) and replacing it with a bigger machine. I do some side work and would like to dig with at least an 8' backhoe, and have hydro for dirt work. However, I also need to tow it with my '05 Dodge Cummins 2500. I realize that dealer support is important, and with that In mind I have Kioti, Deere, Kubota and Massey dealers in the area.
I now have about 160 hrs on this machine, and was wondering what it would be worth with the Kubota loader, and the Bush Hog 650 BH (I would keep the mower, boxblade and rake).

All suggestions welcome!
I was at a locally well known dealer's auction a few weeks ago. Saw this same similar setup. High bid was $16,100. The owner had a reserve on it and it didn't sell. Point is, that is what I saw an area-interest market base willing to give at auction. The one there had 6 hours on it. It was equipped specifically with a L402 loader and the 60" mid-deck for mowing.

/ Please advise on Kubota replacement
Thanks for the replies.

I just found the B26 at Kubotas web site, and it looks great. I don't know how soon they'll be available.

$15,000 was a little less than I'd hoped for (I think I paid $22,000). I'll curb it for $17,500 and see what happens.