Need help spending money on new tractor

/ Need help spending money on new tractor #1  

Massey1010

It's time to replace my aging MF 1010 and upgrade to a FEL and maybe HST. I've looked at John Deer, Case, MF, Kubota, and New Holland and I must say I've been disappointed with them all when compared to how heavily built my 1010 is for an 18HP compact tractor. Even with loaders the weight of these new ones doesn't equal the weight of the 1010. With that said I had narrowed down my selection to two until I found this site yesterday and discovered the Kioti brand. Everything I have read and heard about them sounds good and it might be as heavily built as my 1010

So now my options are the New Holland TZ22 for $10,000, the Kubota B7610 for $13,500, or the Kioti CK20 for $12,700.

I have 3.5 acres of flat land built around my 1010 so I can't really get something bigger than the ones above. I like to lift and move really heavy things around my property and pull RR tie fence posts out of the ground. I do plenty of pasture mowing this time of year as well. Oh, I always seem to get my tractor into positions where I only have two or three wheels touching the ground at times. So one that will take stress well is a plus!

I hope someone can help me hurry up and spend this money before something else comes along and takes it. :D

/ Need help spending money on new tractor #2  
Of the three you have listed, I like the CK20: more for your money. Have you considered a TYM T233 or T273 - Really good compiliation of size, performance, and manueverability. Though a bit bigger and more costy than those you have been considering.

/ Need help spending money on new tractor #3  
Massey1010 said:
I hope someone can help me hurry up and spend this money before something else comes along and takes it. :D
B7610 or a B7800. Done deal. I opted for the 7800.

/ Need help spending money on new tractor #4  
I am surprised that you didn't have more help spending your money, as that is what we are here for.
David from jax

/ Need help spending money on new tractor #5  
If you have a dealer nearby, it'd be worth your time to check out the Mahindra 15 series.

Check them out here.

/ Need help spending money on new tractor #6  
I was going to add Mahindra to the list, but that depends on where you are and whether or not you have a dealer nearby.

The lighter weights are probably a reflection of the fact that a lot of the small machines are used for mowing lawns, where weight is not always a good thing.

Kubota's tend to be light for their size and HP. The BX series is pretty impressive none the less.

Mahindra's tend to be heavy, and brag about it. They also brag about the strength of the hydraulics.

Remember that weight is not a guarantee of strength. Modern steels are designed for strength with minimal weight. At the same time, some manufacturers have tended to "decontent" machines built to a price point.

Let us know what you pick and why.

/ Need help spending money on new tractor #7  
Massey1010 said:
It's time to replace my aging MF 1010 and upgrade to a FEL and maybe HST. I've looked at John Deer, Case, MF, Kubota, and New Holland and I must say I've been disappointed with them all when compared to how heavily built my 1010 is for an 18HP compact tractor. Even with loaders the weight of these new ones doesn't equal the weight of the 1010. With that said I had narrowed down my selection to two until I found this site yesterday and discovered the Kioti brand. Everything I have read and heard about them sounds good and it might be as heavily built as my 1010

So now my options are the New Holland TZ22 for $10,000, the Kubota B7610 for $13,500, or the Kioti CK20 for $12,700.

I have 3.5 acres of flat land built around my 1010 so I can't really get something bigger than the ones above. I like to lift and move really heavy things around my property and pull RR tie fence posts out of the ground. I do plenty of pasture mowing this time of year as well. Oh, I always seem to get my tractor into positions where I only have two or three wheels touching the ground at times. So one that will take stress well is a plus!

They had a bunch of copy's of this at a dealership I stopped at today. Might be some names on here you can check out if any are near you.

Attachments

• Who makes what.pdf
    108.3 KB · Views: 225
   / Need help spending money on new tractor
Nobody seemed to really want to spend my money so I went ahead and spent it myself:D A new CK20 Kioti is supposed to be delivered tomorrow! I picked this tractor based on a couple things. This dealer let me take it out back and play in the dirt piles. The other dealers would only let me drive in the parking lot. That's a great way to see how it performs..:p Also I really liked how heavy it looked and the location of the FEL joystick. Also on all the other brands of tractors I looked at in this size you could only do one function with the joystick at a time but the allows multiple such as lift and tilt at the same time. I'm not crazy about the rocker style control for the HST but I liked the style of the pedal better than the Kobota.

I attempted to look at a Mahindra today but when I called the dealer around 11:00 today he said he was closed until 2 or 3:confused: What's up with that? I explained that I was in town and would like to take a look at it and asked if I could just drive by the lot and see one. He said they keep them in a showroom as if it was some sort of Ferrari or something. Around my area that is just not normal. Needless to say I wasn't going to wait around for a dealer that answers the phone but doesn't have 15 minutes to let me look at a tractor.

/ Need help spending money on new tractor #9  
Good luck, and welcome to the pack, as they say. I'm sure you will enjoy your new tractor. How close to the dealer are you? Any pics of unit yet?

/ Need help spending money on new tractor #10  
Massey1010:

Congratulations on your new tractor :D! Kioti's seem to be very good machines :). I guess you need to change your label to KiotiCK20man ;) :cool:. Good luck and operate safely. Jay