50 hrs. maintenance hy-tran fluids Q?

/ 50 hrs. maintenance hy-tran fluids Q? #1  

Chuckatuck

Tractor
CaseIH DX33
The Case manual for my DX33 does NOT indicate that I must change hydraulic fluids at the initial 50 hr. maintenance period. It lists the two hydraulic filters (HST/ Hydro), fuel filter and oil and oil filter. I know the pennywise, pound foolish argument; however, has anyone not changed out our super-special, one-of-a-kind, MS-1209spec.- Ultra Hy Tran fluid at this point? Looks like it is first noted in the manual to be changed as "every 300 hrs."

Thoughts?

/ 50 hrs. maintenance hy-tran fluids Q? #2  
I asked my dealer about that for exactly the same reasons. He said they never change it unless called for by the manual. He could have sold me a lot of fluid since, as you are finding out, MS-1209 is pretty much only available at the dealership.

I know the NH guys here talk about changing at 50 hours, but I don't know if the manual for their tractors calls for it or not.

/ 50 hrs. maintenance hy-tran fluids Q? #3  
For my 2003 DX33, the Case manual does indicate that I should change the H.S.T. Filters at the initial 50 hrs. maintenance period and 300 hrs. thereafter. It lists the two hydraulic filters (HST/ Hydro). It also states that you should change transmission, rear axle, and hydraulic system oil every 300 hrs. of operation. ..... go figure! :eek:

/ 50 hrs. maintenance hy-tran fluids Q? #5  
Any manufacturing residues that are in the oil are probably trapped in the filters during the first 50 hours of service. Changing the filters at 50 hours ensures that those residues are not blocking the filters and that they have been removed from the system. New filters and a topoff of fluid if needed will get you easily to 300 hours. Just do as recommended in your manual and enjoy.