International 434....

/ International 434.... #1  

mrcaptainbob

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bolens HT-20
Hi, all. I hope this is the correct forum for this brand/size tractor. If not please inform and I will change to the correct place.
Am helping a neighbor with what he believes to be a 1968 International 434. It supposedly is a British model with a highley reworked/reclaimed 1501 loader. Since it's been sitting in the field for that last six or more years, he would now like to get it back up and running. We want to do a complete fluid change on all fluids. He knows for sure there was water mixed with the hydraulic oil. My questions are:
Is the power steering, axle, 3 pt, loader hydraulics and transmission all the same hydraulic unit?
Where would be the best place to drain it from?
We plan to excercise the bucket rams to clear the old before we add new fluid.
How much fluid would be needed to fill the sytem? (about?)
What's the oil cap on the engine? (4 cylinder with a down draft carb).
Sorry for the meager info, am just getting into this tractor.
Thanks in advance for any help.

/ International 434.... #2  
I'm not an expert on the 434, but I think they are very similar to a 424. A 424 has a separate hydraulic reservoir. it is the portion under the seat on top of the transmission. Fill it at the right rear corner, it holds about 2 gallons of fluid. Drain the hydraulics from a plug on the rear just above the line where it joins the transmission housing. The power steering runs from the same hydraulics and pump as the lift. The transmission/rear is separate and uses gear oil. I don't know the specifics on your loader.

/ International 434....
Thanks, GeneP for the help the help and info. We'll be looking into it pssibly in the next couple weeks. WIll post back on our success.