JX95

/ JX95 #1  

shadowbud

Looking to purchase a new tractor around 90 horse. Looking at a JX95 or TD95(New Holland equivalent). Only need 2wd since not using a loader. The biggest piece of equipment I have that I want to use it for is pulling an Vermeer 604M round baler. Technically the tractor is rated to handle the baler based on horsepower but my question or concern is that the baler will push the tractor around because of its wieght (7000 lbs empty). Want to buy new and my budget is around 30k. Does anyone know if this tractor can handle that baler?

/ JX95 #2  
shadowbud said:
Looking to purchase a new tractor around 90 horse. Looking at a JX95 or TD95(New Holland equivalent). Only need 2wd since not using a loader. The biggest piece of equipment I have that I want to use it for is pulling an Vermeer 604M round baler. Technically the tractor is rated to handle the baler based on horsepower but my question or concern is that the baler will push the tractor around because of its wieght (7000 lbs empty). Want to buy new and my budget is around 30k. Does anyone know if this tractor can handle that baler?

have you considered a JD 5603? 99hp with a cab and would fit your budget and spare you a few thousand $$$. the other two tractors you mentioned should do your work fine though, the CNH are generally heavier then most brands. your baler shouldnt push either tractor around i wouldnt think though.

/ JX95 #3  
I used to us an IH 706 on a New Holland round baler. It was less hp, but about the same weight. I would recommend getting the tires loaded. That will sure help alot.
Good luck in your purchase.

/ JX95 #4  
What do the dealers in your area think? Will any of them let you try their machine on your ground with your baler behind it? For $30K they should be willing to let you test it out before buying. Besides, they should know that once the shiny new tractor is on your land, you'll be reluctant to send it back.