Anyone know about the CX50?

/ Anyone know about the CX50? #11  
Yes. I believe Case now has the JX or JXU series instead of the CX series. (I think there rebadged NH's, but I don't really know for sure). The DX series is smaller.

McCormick doesn't make a CX50 though. I've driven a Case JX75. The controls weren't as well laid out and it was pain to get into 4wd (It had some issues, the owner was in denial).

/ Anyone know about the CX50?
I don't understand the thinking behind the front 3 point mount on that CX50. Looks like it could only run a power angle plow. Otherwise there'd be a mid pto and a driveshaft to run a snowblower or broom, right?

Or can a broom or snowblower be run on "hydraulic" power only?

2000 CASE IH CX50 For Sale at TractorHouse.com

/ Anyone know about the CX50? #13  
It looks like it's setup for a snow plow. I do have a snowblower setup for Hydraulic power, it was for a skid steer. I own a smal NH, but I drive these tractors for a friend doing different jobs, beach cleaning, tractor pulling recovery tractor, sapping and such.

Most of the power brooms I see working on the highways around here are hydraulic.

pekabu said:
It looks like it's setup for a snow plow. I do have a snowblower setup for Hydraulic power, it was for a skid steer. I own a smal NH, but I drive these tractors for a friend doing different jobs, beach cleaning, tractor pulling recovery tractor, sapping and such.

Most of the power brooms I see working on the highways around here are hydraulic.

So it's possible to run a snowblower or broom off hydraulics, not a mid PTO?

Now i have to find out how much pump flow this thing has.....

/ Anyone know about the CX50? #15  
Thanks, Dave. Here I thought a snowblower would require mid PTO and a front driveshaft kit. Makes sense that it could run on juice only, now that i think about it.

Now I just have to see why he wants 22.5K for a 7 yr old 50HP tractor with no implements. Seems like it's worth about 17-18K tops.

/ Anyone know about the CX50? #17  
Try doing a search on this site with CX50. I found this quote today by accident.

The first thing that I like to do when there is a problem is to make sure that everything is right. From time to time a tractor isn't running up to snuff. There are some that are just to heavy for the horsepower. Case-IH CX50 is one as well as it's predacesor and the model before that. The rear end is used all the way to what you call 100 horsepower but at fifty it would last 20,000 to 30,000 hours if you weren't in need of a power aggressive tractor.

"The first thing that I like to do when there is a problem is to make sure that everything is right. From time to time a tractor isn't running up to snuff. There are some that are just to heavy for the horsepower. Case-IH CX50 is one as well as it's predacesor and the model before that. The rear end is used all the way to what you call 100 horsepower but at fifty it would last 20,000 to 30,000 hours if you weren't in need of a power aggressive tractor."

Dave, I can't quite understand what he's saying. Is he saying the CX50 has a super heavy duty rear axle that will last 20-30,000 hrs? Or is he saying the tractor's rear axle weighs too much and hinders its' performance?

BTW: Lowest dealer is willing to sell is $20,250.

/ Anyone know about the CX50? #19  
I've never seen a CX50, but it looks to be the same size tractor that I have driven in th 75 and 100 hp sizes. If so, its a good size tractor, around 5k in weight I would gues. At 50hp it would be light on HP if you were planning on pulling a big dirt plow or other grunt work, but on the flip side your running gear would never be overpowered and break. I think that's the point Art was trying to make.

pekabu said:
I've never seen a CX50, but it looks to be the same size tractor that I have driven in th 75 and 100 hp sizes. If so, its a good size tractor, around 5k in weight I would gues. At 50hp it would be light on HP if you were planning on pulling a big dirt plow or other grunt work, but on the flip side your running gear would never be overpowered and break. I think that's the point Art was trying to make.

OK, thanks. That's kinda what I figured. I only plan on using it as a utility tractor (mowing, snowplowing, landscape rake). No "farming" implements, like a bottom plow, etc. I actually contacted Art about it, too. He said he was a case salesman and said they were reliable heavy-built tractors.