Anyone know about the CX50?

/ Anyone know about the CX50? #2  
I have used a newer CX75 (a little) and a older CX100 that looks exactly like that one (a lot). These were pulling a Barber Surf rake on the beach. The have preformed well. McCormick still makes that basic model CX but I haven't seen one that small. If it's in good condition and the price is right I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. I believe the run a perkins motor.

/ Anyone know about the CX50?
pekabu said:
I have used a newer CX75 (a little) and a older CX100 that looks exactly like that one (a lot). These were pulling a Barber Surf rake on the beach. The have preformed well. McCormick still makes that basic model CX but I haven't seen one that small. If it's in good condition and the price is right I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. I believe the run a perkins motor.

OK, thanks. I thought it was a Shibauru diesel.

/ Anyone know about the CX50? #5  
Not exactly sure where they were made. I believe the current McCormick CX line is build in Doncaster England. When Case and NH joined they were forced to spin off some stuff, so some of the Case models were spun off as McCormick and the NH version took there place. I don't think parts are an issue being a Case, and the fact that McCormick has continued the line, so it's almost like you have two sources now.

/ Anyone know about the CX50? #6  
Wanted to add right now I am running McCormick CX105 that looks just like the Case CX's. Color is slightly different, but the controls and everything else look the same.

pekabu said:
Not exactly sure where they were made. I believe the current McCormick CX line is build in Doncaster England. When Case and NH joined they were forced to spin off some stuff, so some of the Case models were spun off as McCormick and the NH version took there place. I don't think parts are an issue being a Case, and the fact that McCormick has continued the line, so it's almost like you have two sources now.

So you are saying the CaseIH CX50 is actually made by McCormick? Or vice-versa?

/ Anyone know about the CX50? #8  
What was the Case CX line is now the McCormick CX line. The new Cases are a NH machine (I beleive).

/ Anyone know about the CX50? #9  
This is from the McCormick website:

1999 Case seek a merger with New Holland, Shareholders agree and new company becomes Case New Holland Global N.V. (CNH)

E.U. regulatory authorities rubber stamp merger, providing that CNH divest themselves of the Doncaster Wheatley Hall Road plant and the 50 to 100hp C,CX and MXC tractors it produces along with the MX Maxxum production and engineering know how.
greypixel.gif
2000 After negotiations with various interested parties, the plant is purchased by “ARGO S.p.a” of Italy and it is announced that the Doncaster plant will become the global headquarters for McCORMICK TRACTORS INTERNATIONAL LTD.

Products from Doncaster will be sold world wide under the McCORMICK brand name.

Other sister companies under the ARGO name are:-
LANDINI
LAVERDA
VALPADANA
PEGORARO
mclogo.gif

greypixel.gif
2001 In January the E.U. authorities give their approval to the deal and McCORMICK TRACTORS INTERNATIONAL LTD start trading.

Within days our first overseas distributor is signed up ”Power Farming” of Morrinsville in New Zealand
greypixel.gif
2001 Negotiations continue between ARGO S.p.a. and CNH Global for the purchase of the CNH transmission facility at St DIZIER in France.

In April it is announced that CNH have sold St Dizier to ARGO, this now becomes McCORMICK France and the headquarters for operations in France.

The acquisition of St Dizier gives McCORMICK an operating base in France as well as control over the transmission build for now and the future.

With the acquisition the McCormick family grows to a total of 1100 people.
greypixel.gif

McCormick

OK, Thanks.

So after the merger in 1999-2000, CaseIH spun its' CX line off to McCormick, who continues to produce and sell them under the McCormick name while CaseIH now sells the DX line which is a rebadged/repainted New Holland.

Did I get it right?

Look at this Ford/NH. looks very similar to the CX50.
1997 NEW HOLLAND 4630 For Sale at TractorHouse.com