draft control, position control and mixed

/ draft control, position control and mixed #1  

RancherSam

Silver Member
Tractor
Case IH JX95 4x4
hello,

I understand draft control ( maintaing in ground depth) and position control ( set depth off the ground ) but my tractor manual talks about a "mixed" control with both draft and position controls engaged. It is confusing to me when I would use that in an application, can anyone clarify? Thanks.

I have a case-ih jx95.

/ draft control, position control and mixed #2  
I can't really help you. I would suggest asking one of the moderators to move this to the general owning and operating forum where everyone is more likely to read it. Questions about this general topic come up every now and then, but this is different from most of the others I've seen.

/ draft control, position control and mixed #3  
RancherSam said:
hello,

I understand draft control ( maintaing in ground depth) and position control ( set depth off the ground ) but my tractor manual talks about a "mixed" control with both draft and position controls engaged. It is confusing to me when I would use that in an application, can anyone clarify? Thanks.

I have a case-ih jx95.

Sam, I'll take a "stab" at this because it sounds like "mixed" would give you best of both draft and position control. That would mean that you set the depth with your position control and it will remain at that depth until the draft control senses it needs to lift the implement. If you have true draft control, the 3PH normally goes all the way down in depth until the draft control raises the implement. With the "mixed" mode you would limit the maximum depth of draft under any condition.

That's my interpretation, but I'm not an expert.