IH 785 TA problem

/ IH 785 TA problem #1  

pierrepicco

Tractor
Kioti LB1914
Hi. I just bought a CASE IH 785 (UK manufactured, quite rare in Belgium where we've a lot a German and French built IH).

It has the TA (torque amplifier) option, operated by a switch on the left of panel. When it's in hi range ("hare"), it runs fine.

But when I switch in lo ("turtle") while running, it will not switch in. Rather, the tractor switches to neutral (not good!).

If I switch to lo when the tractor is stopped, it will usually engage but it dis-engages as soon as I clutch to change gear or if I release the gas pedal.

Do you have any idea of the problem cause and ... how to fix it ?

Many thanks in advance!

/ IH 785 TA problem #2  
I don't have a IH tractor with a TA but if nobody has any advice for you here/ try the RED power forum the people on that site bleed red IH blood and they know alot about TA's

Have a good day

/ IH 785 TA problem #3  
The TA has it's own clutch (and adjustment) besides the tractor clutch, but both clutches operate off of the same clutch pedal. Sounds like maybe your TA clutch is out of adjustment. They also used to run in their own oil bath, don't know if they still do. A shop manual would be a good thing for you to get.:)

/ IH 785 TA problem #4  
There is also a sprague clutch in the TA, I hope that it is not the problem..... Might be worth an oil change (in the transmission or the TA itself according to where it gets it's oil from) to see if you can get it to start grabbing again.... Good luck!

/ IH 785 TA problem
Thank you for your help. I will try the red forum.
In fact, the tractor is guaranteed by the vendor, but I'd like to understand what's happening with the TA.