Is Case planning another NH knockoff tractor?

/ Is Case planning another NH knockoff tractor? #1  

DVerbarg

Platinum Member
Tractor
No longer have :-(
Just thought I would start a rumor that seems to have some validity.

Was at the auto body shop getting a bumper repaired/repainted and noticed some red, Case Red, tractor components scattered around. Hood, fenders, instrument cluster (with 0 hours /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif), etc.

Found out from one of the guys that those parts were blue, NH blue, still had the NH emblem on the front of the hood. At first I thought it was a class III Boomer hood and instrument cluster but closer examination ruled that out. The hood has the slope of a Boomer and has the screen on the top of the hood but the hood had a round hole in it, like you might expect for an exhaust stack, that was about '8ish' inches in diameter. Don't know what class of tractor it is.

The story from the body shop is that one of their previous customers works for Case. They, Case engineering/marketing, are playing with a couple ideas of utilizing some NH tractor and wanted to repaint a NH unit to Case Red in an automotive grade finish for a show/demonstration to some international folks. The body shop people did not know what hp the unit was or anything else. Hmmm...

The right rear fender had a cup holder molded into it. The fender was not huge in itself but the arch seemed to be made for a tire around the same size as the class III Boomers. Wish I had looked more closely at that but oh well.

Any thoughts?

/ Is Case planning another NH knockoff tractor? #2  
It was probably from a TN. CNH is embarking on their shared platform experiment. The TN,TL,TS,TM will also be painted red,just like the Boomer,and bend-in-the-midle tractors. The TG will be a blue MX Magnum. As in the compacts certain brand specific options will not cross-over.

I'm hoping they do not ruin Steyr in this fashion!! But I'm also not holding my breath either!!

/ Is Case planning another NH knockoff tractor? #3  
The TN's do not have cupholders in the fenders or anywhere else for that matter. More likely one of the early Boomer repaints. I have not heard yet or seen any pics of red TN's but figure it should be soon which would be a good thing for Case-IH.

/ Is Case planning another NH knockoff tractor? #4  
The cup holder is just a small part of the changes between the two. They are building what you would call platform tractors, probably the first tractor company to do so to this level. The Red will be the upper featured tractors and the blue will stay about the same on features.

/ Is Case planning another NH knockoff tractor?
Do TNs have a round hole in the hood? I did not think that TNs had a sloped hood like the Boomers. Maybe there wasn't as much slope as I thought there was...

/ Is Case planning another NH knockoff tractor? #6  
The TN's have a sloped hood as you can see in my signature but they do not have a hole in the hood.