Price Check pricing dx35

/ pricing dx35 #11  
Jerry,

Clearly you believe the NH folks are much easier to work with. I had the opposite situation here. The NH salesman was impossible to get ahold of and cagey on prices--even with cash in hand!! My CaseIH dealer/salesperson was (and continues to be) always available.

I believe it has been said innumerable times on the forum, go with the dealer that you feel most comfortable with. In the end, the NH and CaseIHs are really similar (except for the special hydraulic fluid and red paint). The final price, unless its many dollars off between the two, won't matter that much down the road when you need a hand on a warranty item or repairs. Trust me, I know.

Best of luck!

Chuckatuck

/ pricing dx35
Well, only this NH dealer was easier to work with. The one that was closest to our place, I couldn't get him to give me anything firm. He wanted to sell me a tractor that I thought was way too big for what I needed, along with a very high-priced rotary cutter, etc.

The guy that I was talking about in the last post discussed what I would be doing with the tractor now and in the future and gathered what information I could give him about the land (this is a new land purchase) and gave me a recommendation for a smaller tractor (TC35A) than the closer NH dealer gave me (TC45DA). Plus, even though my place was over 70 miles away, he actually knew where the place was and described it to me in detail, so I knew he knew what he was talking about. Not that that means anything in particular as far as tractor sales go, but it gave creedence to what he said about having customers that far away, so I know he had customers in a 100-mile radius of his dealership.

All that being said, I'm still leaning toward the MF1533. It's a little cheaper, and if I have to end up financing some of it, they have the best financing around right now. It's almost free money.

Jerry in Texas.

/ pricing dx35 #13  
The financing plans change every so often. Mention to the NH guy about the Massey pricing and such. He may have some room to work with you.

From my perspective, I would have to really be impressed by the Massey dealer or machine at this point. To me it sounds like the NH dealer is the way to go.

I went to my Case dealer because both the more local NH dealer and the local Case that has been my parts/service source for the Cadets seemed either indifferent about selling a tractor or determined that I would buy something they had need to sell rather than what I wanted. The NH dealer also used to sell Massey and tried to get me to buy a 2 year old never sold unit from their stock. The local Case guy kept trying to sell me a D40 that he had on the lot even after I explained it wouldn't fit through many places I had to take it.

The place I bought from sounds like your NH dealer and has several customers in my immediate vicinity because of their willingness to serve their clients. They're family owned in the same store for over 40 years, many of the employees are family, and they all care about the customers.