Price Check DX-40 Price

/ DX-40 Price #1  

HK45

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti nx6010 loader backhoe
What kind of price would i be looking at for a new case Dx40 HYDROSTATIC TRANSMISSION BHX1102 BACKHOE LX116 LOADER package. Thanks

/ DX-40 Price #2  
HK45 said:
What kind of price would i be looking at for a new case Dx40 HYDROSTATIC TRANSMISSION BHX1102 BACKHOE LX116 LOADER package. Thanks

I don't know how "kind" it is, but I'd estimate around $30,000. Additional options could push the price above $30k.

/ DX-40 Price
Thanks jinman. I had a dealer today quote me $28,960 loader and backhoe 5-year zero percent. Pretty good deal but ill have to drive to 2 days to go ge it or pay 1,000 for shipping

/ DX-40 Price #4  
HK45 said:
Thanks jinman. I had a dealer today quote me $28,960 loader and backhoe 5-year zero percent. Pretty good deal but ill have to drive to 2 days to go ge it or pay 1,000 for shipping

That is a fair deal, but the shipping or hauling is only the beginning of issues you may have. I'd buy local and pay a little more before going that far for a deal. This tractor is just too complex to not have "loyal" support from a local dealer. If I could not do that, I'd bite the bullet and look for another brand. As much as I like my tractor, I would not own it if the dealer was too far away. I just think that's a very important factor.

/ DX-40 Price
That is a good point. Well thanks for all the info

/ DX-40 Price #6  
HK, I would at least make sure you have a dealer within a reasonable driving range. If you have a local case dealer, they will still take care of any warrantee issues, however your service may not be as fast and their willingness to go out of their way on any issues may be diminished. My experience has been pretty good in the same situation though.

I bought my first tractor from my local dealer (DX24) - service was great, they even offered to pick it up and deliver it back at no charge on both issues I had with the tractor. Price for scheduled service was reasonable.

Got quotes on my second tractor (DX33) from several dealers. Bought from a dealer 120 miles away. This dealer also was a customer of my business so I felt I had a good reason to go that route. Price was much better as well - not even close to be honest. Service was still good, quick, and friendly from my local dealer. Did not dare to ask for the delivery/pickup service I previously got. Scheduled service price was now at full shop rate :eek: I quickly got familiar with my service manual and began doing my own maintenance.

Asked for quotes from several dealers on my recent purchase (DX45) - my local dealer failed to get me a quote, even after several phone calls. I fully intended to purchase from him if the price was close - within $1k. I ended up buying from the dealer 120 miles away again. Price again was way better than any other quote.

In summary - since I do most of my own service, and the dealer I bought from is still within two hours it's wasn't as big a deal for me to not go local. Your closest dealer will still take care of issues, but they will not be on their priority list.

On another subject, if you do go with the tractor 2 days away, you may want to look at the mileage. Don't know how far but 600 miles = 1200 miles round trip. At 11 mpg pulling a load my 6.0 F250 would run my about $450 in fuel. Add in your time and that $1000 deliver charge doesn't look so bad.

jk

/ DX-40 Price #7  
HK,

I just priced a D40 today with hydro, loader and rear remote with cab. List was $36,000. I have a 2004 DX-33 with loader and rear remote and the dealer wanted $12,500 to trade with 5 year 0%. My DX has 320 hrs. I am pricing some other dealer within a 40 mile range.

/ DX-40 Price
Hey caddison,
What is a rear remote? Thanks

/ DX-40 Price #9  
HK45 said:
Hey caddison,
What is a rear remote? Thanks

Rear hydraulic remote for a hyd top link or to operate a cylinder on a rear attachment.