Finally Here - Farmall 45

/ Finally Here - Farmall 45 #1  

jk96

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L6060
Just thought I'd post a few pics since most of these tractors on the site are blue instead of red. Just got it home today. Only waiting for the grill guard. I did notice that the decals have changed to "Farmall 45" and no longer carry the DX name. Thanks to everyone who has helped with questions on this purchase and other questions in the past. I'm sure I'll have a few more after I get some seat time.

[URL=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/jk96/Farmll45_3.jpg][/URL] [URL=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/jk96/Farmall45_1.jpg][/URL] [URL=http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q263/jk96/Farmall45_2.jpg][/URL]

/ Finally Here - Farmall 45 #2  
Good looking tractor. In the second picture, are those the third fuction hydro hose running to the rear I see opposite the aux. remotes?

/ Finally Here - Farmall 45
Hey Mark,

Yes, they are running off of the 3rd remote. Only complaint is that the hoses are a little long. I'll need to shorten them up a little.

/ Finally Here - Farmall 45 #4  
jk96 said:
Hey Mark,

Yes, they are running off of the 3rd remote. Only complaint is that the hoses are a little long. I'll need to shorten them up a little.

That is a nice set up. Is the 3rd remote an option? My DK45 only has a second remote. Having a 3rd remote on a 45hp tractor is nice as that is something you normally see on larger machines. Is it is actuated?

Thanks for the comments. All of the remotes and the 3rd function kit were options. The 45 doesn't come standard with any remotes. I mainly wanted to add the 3rd function kit to run a grapple or for using a skid steer snow plow.

Is it is actuated?

Sorry - I'm a novice when it comes to hydraulics and electronics. What do you mean by actuated? Or maybe someone else can chime in.

jk

/ Finally Here - Farmall 45 #6  
jk96 said:
Thanks for the comments. All of the remotes and the 3rd function kit were options. The 45 doesn't come standard with any remotes. I mainly wanted to add the 3rd function kit to run a grapple or for using a skid steer snow plow.

Sorry - I'm a novice when it comes to hydraulics and electronics. What do you mean by actuated? Or maybe someone else can chime in.

jk

Sorry, I meant to type how is actuated, in other words is there a button on the loader joystick for the third fuction grapple or is a lever some where.

The 3rd function FEL remote runs off of the 3rd remote lever in the cab. I talked to my dealer about adding an electronic divertor button to the joystick, however they are extremely busy at the moment with the planting season gearing up. They said they could look into it when things slowed down a bit. Although, for now I'm not sure I want to spend the extra $. Probably just leave it as is.

Also, anyone have any tips/do's/don'ts during the break in period. The only thing the manual states is to not run for long periods at constant high or low rpm for the first 50 hrs.

/ Finally Here - Farmall 45 #8  
jk96 said:
The 3rd function FEL remote runs off of the 3rd remote lever in the cab.

Ok, that's what I wanted to know. You machine comes with a third lever option from the factory. Mine only has a location for a second lever option, the first being stardard. So I would only be able to run two remotes not three. Very cool.

/ Finally Here - Farmall 45 #9  
jk96 said:
Also, anyone have any tips/do's/don'ts during the break in period. The only thing the manual states is to not run for long periods at constant high or low rpm for the first 50 hrs.

Tip #1: Keep that good lookin' cab away from trees.;)

Very nice tractor, but it's a little too clean.:)

Jinman,

Tip #1 is noted as the most important advise I've gotten so far. :D My only hesitation about getting the cab was not having the ability to drop the ROPS and head into the woods.

As far as being too clean - that was taken care of today ;) Still getting used to the dual pedals instead of the rocker pedal on my 33 as well as the brakes being on the left. Also found the pto engagement lever as a nice feature instead of having to use a clutch pedal.

One quick note for anyone else who happens to order the FEL mounted 3rd option remote kit, I barely averted some major remote damage while dragging a box blade to smooth out some new gravel today. Just happened to see the hose on the FEL pull tight and stopped immediatly. Seems that the hydraulic hoses running from the rear remote were one solid hose with no disconnects at the loader. It was also only secured along the frame to the front with small zip ties only. A couple of the zip ties broke causing the hose to drop and drag. Had I not stopped, my rear tires would have run over the hoses and probably caused some major re-allignment of my rear remotes. Not sure if this is standard install procedure or not but I added disconnects close to the loader (without it I could not have taken the loader off without cutting all the ties and removing the lines) and welded regular dual line brackets along the frame to hold the hoses.