international 460 industrial problem

/ international 460 industrial problem #1  

medic442

i bought a ih 460 industrial gas with a t/a. looked at it the other day and it tested out fine. brought it home today and played with it some more. put some dirt in the loader, dropped it because i was starting to get stuck in the mud and left in 3rd gear. i drove about 20 yards or so, stopped, put it in 4th or 5th, let the clutch out, the engine bogged a little, rpms came up, and i just sat there. tires never moved!!!!! (t/a was on the hi side)

put it back in 3rd, drove off no problem..... what gives????? clutch? trans? t/a?

thanks for the help!!

/ international 460 industrial problem #2  
medic442 said:
i bought a ih 460 industrial gas with a t/a. looked at it the other day and it tested out fine. brought it home today and played with it some more. put some dirt in the loader, dropped it because i was starting to get stuck in the mud and left in 3rd gear. i drove about 20 yards or so, stopped, put it in 4th or 5th, let the clutch out, the engine bogged a little, rpms came up, and i just sat there. tires never moved!!!!! (t/a was on the hi side)

put it back in 3rd, drove off no problem..... what gives????? clutch? trans? t/a?

thanks for the help!!

Mornin Medic,
Try this web site for getting answers about your 460 TA issue, those guys are great in old IH machines ! ;) http://www.ytmag.com/farmall/wwwboard1.html

/ international 460 industrial problem
thanks scott, did that! your right they are pretty good over there. posted here to get a larger reply!

thanks for yours, i was kinda thinking clutch. the thought of splitting the tractor is not something i really want to do!!!

/ international 460 industrial problem #4  
I'd be checking the adjustments first!

/ international 460 industrial problem
i am going to as soon as i get a service manual. was told its kinda hard to do with the t/a clutch.

thanks for the info!!