Default international 460 industrial problem

i bought a ih 460 industrial gas with a t/a. looked at it the other day and it tested out fine. brought it home today and played with it some more. put some dirt in the loader, dropped it because i was starting to get stuck in the mud and left in 3rd gear. i drove about 20 yards or so, stopped, put it in 4th or 5th, let the clutch out, the engine bogged a little, rpms came up, and i just sat there. tires never moved!!!!! (t/a was on the hi side)

put it back in 3rd, drove off no problem..... what gives????? clutch? trans? t/a?

thanks for the help!!

Tractor
    1986 MF 1040, 1942 Farmall A, 1949 Farmall Super A

Default Re: international 460 industrial problem

Quote Originally Posted by medic442
    i bought a ih 460 industrial gas with a t/a. looked at it the other day and it tested out fine. brought it home today and played with it some more. put some dirt in the loader, dropped it because i was starting to get stuck in the mud and left in 3rd gear. i drove about 20 yards or so, stopped, put it in 4th or 5th, let the clutch out, the engine bogged a little, rpms came up, and i just sat there. tires never moved!!!!! (t/a was on the hi side)

put it back in 3rd, drove off no problem..... what gives????? clutch? trans? t/a?

thanks for the help!!
    Mornin Medic,
    Try this web site for getting answers about your 460 TA issue, those guys are great in old IH machines ! http://www.ytmag.com/farmall/wwwboard1.html
    scotty

,,,course,,it is gas,and gas is,,well,gas,,so,,but it kills the @#$$ oughta them yellow jackets,,,thingy

http://www.tractorbynet.com/content/...onth-scott_vt/

thanks scott, did that! your right they are pretty good over there. posted here to get a larger reply!

thanks for yours, i was kinda thinking clutch. the thought of splitting the tractor is not something i really want to do!!!

Tractor
    all makes and models

I'd be checking the adjustments first!

i am going to as soon as i get a service manual. was told its kinda hard to do with the t/a clutch.

thanks for the info!!