CNH Tractors Weigh Less In The USA?

/ CNH Tractors Weigh Less In The USA? #1  

EhM8

Bronze Member
I noticed this discrepency when I was looking at the specs for the TLA and T5000 on the US New Holland Website, and it was also repeated on the Tractordata website as well. In the US, it seems the MFWD Cab TL80A and the JX80U only weigh 3400kg; whereas, in Australia and England, these models weigh 4050kg. I thought that was odd, because the JX80 at 3600kg would outweigh the JX80U, but apparently the TDD and JXs are lighter in the states too.

Just wondering if the the US kg is slightly heavier, or if gravity is different over there.

Seriously, it seems the brochures that tractor manufactures provide often have quite glaring discrepencies. I've noticed errors in MF and John Deere Brochures too. It's a bit of a bugger when you are trying to compare makes and models.

/ CNH Tractors Weigh Less In The USA? #2  
I've found through the years of selling machinery that some manufacturers promise everything and more! Some just everything it will do, and some a little less then they actually do! This will allow some irregularites to still fit in.

/ CNH Tractors Weigh Less In The USA?
650kg is quite an irregularity. I guess I'll have to weight the tractor to find out which is the correct weight. In my manual for the JX series, it says that the JX80 with cab and 4wd weigh 3600kg - that's from the manufacturer. I can't imagine the JXU80 would be 200kg lighter than the JX.

art said:
I've found through the years of selling machinery that some manufacturers promise everything and more! Some just everything it will do, and some a little less then they actually do! This will allow some irregularites to still fit in.

/ CNH Tractors Weigh Less In The USA? #4  
I design heavy equipment sold worldwide for a large OEM. ALL of our CE compliant machines weigh more than their domestic couterparts. Europe and most other markets require additonal features and often we make options on domestic machines standard on CE machines.

There are some pretty crazy safety features that we are REQUIRED to add to the machines. I wouldn't be surprised if the machines you're looking at are truly heavier.

/ CNH Tractors Weigh Less In The USA? #5  
One other thing, depending on the machine type, certain country requirements might dictate that the machine be weighed in an "operational" state. That might inlcude attachments or other heavy items. (I noticed there is almost a 2000 lb. difference as you stated)

I'm not saying it is so for Ag tractors as I don't know regulations for that type of machinery. Just one of many possibilities to consider, inlcuding the manual being wrong (we NEVER make a mistake! Ya, right!)

/ CNH Tractors Weigh Less In The USA?
I did think that the reason might be along those lines, as they do vary models for different markets. The drive-trains and engines seem to be the same, as do lift specs on the axles, not sure if I checked the wheels. UK and Aus specs are given as dry shipping weight... but maybe there was a very heavy sales rep with a few cartons of beer sitting in the cab.

The trouble is that I've seen a tractor price guide printed in Australia that is using the US weights for these tractors... maybe they just chose the wrong source for their information, or the right source. Anyway, if I go for a test-drive, maybe I will run it down to the weighbridge at the local ag merchants :rolleyes:

PAB_OH said:
I design heavy equipment sold worldwide for a large OEM. ALL of our CE compliant machines weigh more than their domestic couterparts. Europe and most other markets require additonal features and often we make options on domestic machines standard on CE machines.

There are some pretty crazy safety features that we are REQUIRED to add to the machines. I wouldn't be surprised if the machines you're looking at are truly heavier.