Backhoe Case D100 Backhoe Specs

/ Case D100 Backhoe Specs #1  

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Bronze Member
I am looking at a case D100 backhoe. I was told it weighed 1600lbs and i think that is really hard to believe. Does anyone know how much they really weigh? And also how good of a backhoe are they. I want to run it off a 16hp kubota. Would that run it? The guy told me it was ran off a bobcat that was 46hp and a case tractor that was 21hp. If anyone can help me. Here are a few pics of it let me know what you think and how much you think it is worth.

Attachments

• IMG_3043.jpg
    IMG_3043.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 4,809
  • IMG_3044.jpg
    IMG_3044.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2,295
  • IMG_3045.jpg
    IMG_3045.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 2,118
   / Case D100 Backhoe Specs #2  
The weight is right, much of the frame work that hooks to the skid steer is where the weight comes from. They did work well although I can't say I've seen hundreds of them in our area or sold them in any numbers.
I think you are light on potential hydraulic power from a 16 horsepower engine. I'm not saying that if matched to the right pump that you might not be satified with the performance but a larger engine into the 20 horsepower range would be better. If you could supply 12 plus gallons to it it should operate as good as it did for it's original application and you should be fine as long as you have the weight to hold it!!