used DX 45

/ used DX 45 #1  

Jimmy Joe

Gold Member
Stopped at a John Deere dealer today. They were closed but they had a 2003 DX 45 Case with grille guard and front end loader It had 600 plus hours ag tires with some wear more noticeably on the front. The control knobs looked weathered like it sat outside a fair amount, with no visible oil leaks. It has a hydro transmission a few scratches in the hood. What would be a fair price for this unit? Also are there any common problems with this model? Are the hydros tough?

/ used DX 45 #2  
Feel free to ask this question on the NH list as well. The DX45 is equivalent to the TC45 New Holland. I have a 2003 TC40D hydro and I think that it is plenty tough and a great piece of equipment. 600 hours is pretty low. How much is the dealer asking?

/ used DX 45
I found it on their website. It said asking 21900 for that price I will go for a new one.

/ used DX 45 #4  
I found it on their website. It said asking 21900 for that price I will go for a new one.

Yep, $21,900 is way too high. I'd say more like $17k would be okay. I'd offer $16k and see if they were serious about selling it. Tell them that since they are a JD dealer, you'll have to find a Case dealer to service it and get you parts. It would be worth more if it were being sold by a NH or Case dealer, but a JD dealer should be offering a much lower price.

I bought my NH TC45D HST in 2001 with a 16LA loader and one hydraulic remote for exactly $21,900. I think you are wise to say you will look for new at that price range.