JX55 axle type and general questions...

/ JX55 axle type and general questions... #1  

yeehaw

Bronze Member
YEEHAW!!!!!!!!

tractors sure are fun - they are just a little expensive...
couple of questions if someone can possibly turn the light back on at the end of the tunnel....
maybe found a little JX55 that i would like to go look at (overall they should be good tractors ?....any owners out there with anything good/bad to say)
the one big question i have concerns the type of rear axle it has... i pulled up the specs online looking for weight, hydro flow, etc...(as everything online is quoted as the shore 'nuff truth..)...and i stumbled across the axle category...
it said something to the effect of "spur" in the rear axle type (instead of planetary or bull gear or ?)....
Sooo there's the question, what the heck is a "spur gear" in a tractor (other than just a regular ole gear that would maybe run a chain) and what is the expected longevtiy of this setup...or should it matter?
and no i will not be pushing over stumps - but you never know :cool:

and BTW - i think the JX65 is the same way ( i know these are discontinued models - think the JX60/70 have a bull gear setup (why not planetary...))

YEEHAW!!!

/ JX55 axle type and general questions... #3  
Rick is right. Same thing. JX is a Turkish tractor of Fiat heritage. They are quite simple and the dealers say quite reliable. Our neighbours has a JX 70. Nice machine, its a bit thirsty I think compared to my Kubota doing the same tasks but its a phyically larger and heavier machine.

/ JX55 axle type and general questions...
Thanks to both for the info...
and one thing I was kinda leanin' on was that I haven't been hearing anything "bad" out of Case...so no news probably is good news...
--This un is probably a little/lot different than those 685's we had a few years back (a little smaller actually)..so we'll see..
again thanks
:cool: