1845C snowblower questions

/ 1845C snowblower questions #1  
Tractor
1845C case
hello,
I would like to put a snowblower on my 24 yr. old 1845C skidsteer.
My questions are does the hydraulic system it has now got enough power to run a blower off the aux. circut it has on it now?

the info i have says it's 16GPM. is that correct?

got any leads on where and what to buy for a blower?

it's my thinking that a self powered blower would be best.but don't know what or where to buy. got any leads for me to chase???

augoakforum2008.jpg

bumpinknots001.jpg

bumpinknots048.jpg

FEB2708011.jpg

getting sick of the snowplow routine ;)

/ 1845C snowblower questions #2  
I have had 6 1840 skid steers over the years. The 1800 series are very good machines. Although at 16 gpm does not create an ideal snow blower platform, although you could do it. QuickAttach.com which is the same as Erskine manufacturing makes an excellent snow blower. There is an option for your 1845C. Those machines can be upfitted with high flow hydrualics at your dealer or by you if your so inclined. I had done to two of my machines. I believe the high flow increases your flow to about 30 gpm. You might want to look at that. I currently have a Quick Attach 2400XL blower 85" that I bought this Winter. Excellent blower. I have it mounted on a CASE 465 HF machine which generates about 41 gpm.

/ 1845C snowblower questions #3  
I don't personally have experience with that set up, I have been looking at a skid steer and was talking to a dealer about one. I asked about a snowblower for one, he said they typically don't work to good. I was quite surprised about his response.
They have a brand new unit that is $3000 off because they can't sell it.
I also asked about attaching my stumpgrinder to a SS with an adaptor plate and he said it will work better on a [my] tractor than on a SS he said the hydraulics have more of a tendency to stall out more.

Be the way William i love that red truck.:D

Shane

/ 1845C snowblower questions #4  
Hey KSSS are you the same KSSS that is on lawnsite.com ?

Shane

/ 1845C snowblower questions #5  
Yes that is me.

As long as you have enough flow, the skid steers work great with snow blowers.

/ 1845C snowblower questions #6  
KSSS welcome aboard.

Like i said i have no experience i just don't like making expensive mistakes.

Shane