Case Red

/ Case Red #1  

Jimmy Joe

Gold Member
Just wondering if anyone has had any major fading with the plastic body parts on any of the Case compacts. Seems like all the used ones I've seen are still a nice bright red. Seems to me I've seen some fading in the New Holland blue on some compacts, don't know what year tractor though. Don't know the history either, whether they sat out a lot or not.
JJ

/ Case Red #2  
My last tractor - DX33 was bought from a dealer that had it on his lot for about a year. I kept it outside quite a bit as well. After owning it for 1 year the hood showed alot of fading, especially closer to the intrument panel and not so much toward the nose. The seat began cracking as well. No issues as of yet on my DX45 but I've had it less than a year and keep it inside more than outside.

/ Case Red #3  
Mine is a dx31. I bought it last summer. It was on a dealers lot for about 1 year. The only fading I noticed was on the black plastic( like the steeringwheel) when it was turning a greyish color. Now it stays in a garage so hopefully I will not have a fading problem.

/ Case Red #4  
I bought a used 03 DX35 that spent most of it's life outside. The plastic cowl in front of the steering wheel is faded but the rest is ok. I think red is the worst color for fading.