Default Case Red

Just wondering if anyone has had any major fading with the plastic body parts on any of the Case compacts. Seems like all the used ones I've seen are still a nice bright red. Seems to me I've seen some fading in the New Holland blue on some compacts, don't know what year tractor though. Don't know the history either, whether they sat out a lot or not.
    JJ

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Case DX45

Default Re: Case Red

My last tractor - DX33 was bought from a dealer that had it on his lot for about a year. I kept it outside quite a bit as well. After owning it for 1 year the hood showed alot of fading, especially closer to the intrument panel and not so much toward the nose. The seat began cracking as well. No issues as of yet on my DX45 but I've had it less than a year and keep it inside more than outside.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    DX 31

Mine is a dx31. I bought it last summer. It was on a dealers lot for about 1 year. The only fading I noticed was on the black plastic( like the steeringwheel) when it was turning a greyish color. Now it stays in a garage so hopefully I will not have a fading problem.
    2003 Dodge Cummins..stock
    2000 jetta TDI....stock 50-52mpg

07 Farmall DX31. Loaded tires, fel, 6ft woods finish mower

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Case DX35

I bought a used 03 DX35 that spent most of it's life outside. The plastic cowl in front of the steering wheel is faded but the rest is ok. I think red is the worst color for fading.