Farmall 40 or 45

/ Farmall 40 or 45 #1  

KSSS

Tractor
CASE 465, CASE 440, TK TB153FR, CASE 9020B
Hello all,
I am considering buying a compact tractor to run a laser grader (three point box blade) attachment. The attachment is 7' wide. The application is in concrete preparation so the material is typically 3/4 crushed roadbase. I want a cab so that I can mount Laser equipment inside the cab and not have to unhook it every night. I currently have this attachment on a CASE 440 skid steer and it works fine but it ties up a skid steer and due to mounting of the laser equipment I cant put my door back on. I am considering either of these two models due to HST tranny and cab options. Does anyone see any issues with pulling a 7' foot box blade in loose 3/4 type material? I have never run a compact tractor before (I grew up red tractors 1066-3788) but no experience in anything like this. Is there any advantage in the 45 over the 40? I built both on the CASEIH website and it looks like the 45 is only a couple K over the 40. I am not interested in looking at any other color. Its Red or not at all.

/ Farmall 40 or 45 #2  
I pull a 6' box blade with my d40 with absolutely no problem, think loose gravel with a 7' will work fine. I would go with th dx45 but understand there is no difference in pop-off valve setting between dx40 and dx45. I am with you on "Red or Nothing" Somehow the blue don't get it for me.

/ Farmall 40 or 45 #3  
The 40 will do what you want no problem the only time you may want the extra hp would be for pto work.