IH 2444 gas with Swartz loader

/ IH 2444 gas with Swartz loader #1  

C D Robertson

Tractor
IH 2444 Inustrial 1965 ?
Recently bought this early 60ies IH 2444 and having a problem locating the HYD suction screen. The IH-201 manual hasn't been much help. The HYD filler plug is just to the right of the gear shift, and I believe the HYD fill level plug is on the L/H side of the engine just below the clutch pedal. Note! the HYD lift reservoir under the seat has no fill or level plugs, and no visable place for a suction screen? It has a solid bolted cover with the HYD suction and pressure metal lines going into it. see attached photo's Hoping someone can help.
Thanks,

Attachments

• P1010234.JPG
    P1010234.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 1,208
  • P1010235.JPG
    P1010235.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 1,451
   / IH 2444 gas with Swartz loader #2  
If you were to get an owners manual for a 424 or 444 international farm tractor it will show you what you need that the service manual doesn't! They are still available at Case-IH dealers rather then going to a Dresser dealer for the industrial end.

/ IH 2444 gas with Swartz loader #3  
It may be hard to see with that loader frame, but I think there should be an oval cover on the right side of the trans housing below the brake pedal area with the filter in it,I have a 340,460 and a 3514 and the filter is in the same place on all of them.So I think yours may be the same.

/ IH 2444 gas with Swartz loader
I did find an oval cover on the R/H side just below and fwd of brake pedals. After removing drain plug and lower plate, found this cavity dry and the the only thing in there was the driveshaft passing thru back to the transmission case, I'm thinking this may for adding a secondary pump or something? As for the suction screen, I've yet to find it. What I've done is disconnect the Hyd return line and applied compressed air to back flush screen if there is one.

Thanks for the responses guys,

/ IH 2444 gas with Swartz loader #5  
HMMM,on my 3514 I do also have a return filter. but it's under the seat and your pic's don't have it.What I would suggest is try "Messick's"(just Google it,I'm bad with links)They have tons of "free" diagrams this may point you in a better direction.If not i can try to look at other things.

/ IH 2444 gas with Swartz loader #6  
Hi,
Don't know if you found the filters yet. I have the same tractor only with a diesel engine. My three point and bucket have been slowing down lately. I decided it was time to change the oil and filters. The manuals show that it will hold 17 gallons of fluid. There were two wash out filters on mine. One small brass one about half inch wide by five inches long behind a plug under the front of your seat, right behind the gear shift. It is in the front top part of the block your seat sets on.
The other bigger wash out filter is (as you are setting on the seat) just to the right and down on that same cast block. There should be a one or one and a half inch return hydro line coming from the engine pump going into this block. There is an L angle bracket bolted down right in front of the Block holding this line (and filter) in place. There is a short length of hose that will need to be removed and then you can wiggle the filter out to clean. I cut the hose and bought new section. This is low pressure return.
Hope this works for your tractor. There could be a third paper filter on some tractors, but not all, depending on the attachments it came with.

/ IH 2444 gas with Swartz loader #7  
Hi,
Don't know if you found the filters yet. I have the same tractor only with a diesel engine. My three point and bucket have been slowing down lately. I decided it was time to change the oil and filters. The manuals show that it will hold 17 gallons of fluid. There were two wash out filters on mine. One small brass one about half inch wide by five inches long behind a plug under the front of your seat, right behind the gear shift. It is in the front top part of the block your seat sets on.
The other bigger wash out filter is (as you are setting on the seat) just to the right and down on that same cast block. There should be a one or one and a half inch return hydro line coming from the engine pump going into this block. There is an L angle bracket bolted down right in front of the Block holding this line (and filter) in place. There is a short length of hose that will need to be removed and then you can wiggle the filter out to clean. I cut the hose and bought new section. This is low pressure return.
Hope this works for your tractor. There could be a third paper filter on some tractors, but not all, depending on the attachments it came with.

Sounds just like my old IH 424, very good verbal dezcription.