international b275 ok or trouble ?

/ international b275 ok or trouble ? #11  
I had a B275 with a trip bucket and used it for cleaning out horse manure piles and around the stables. The problems I had with the thing is hard to start had to use Ether every time even in the summer. Brakes went on it too so I use the loader to stop lol. Over all it probably was a great machine in it's days but after + 40 years you got to expect not to run like a new one.

/ international b275 ok or trouble ? #12  
I know this is an old thread, but some one might appreciate the info.

images.jpg

Glow plugs in series. The glow indicator is not shown in this diagram.

The problem with this system is that there are 8 resistors in series. If the system gets older and parts loose their specs it will not glow all the plugs the same. One plug might glow well, while the other plugs do not. The connections between the glow plugs are resistors as well, what makes the system even more troublesome.

If your tractor has the series glow plug system, and you need replacement, I would suggest Bosch Duraterm. Bosh Duratherm is also available with thread M 18 x 1,5. Resistance 0,4 Ohm for parallel 11 volt. (Another brand is BERU.) It is easy to covert from series to parallel. I left the indicator as a resistor for the system and it worked well. The indicator will not glow, you have to find the glow time needed by experimenting. Start with a few seconds glowing, and keep glowing while starting.