2007 DX35

/ 2007 DX35 #1  

lizardman

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 850,JD 810A(mine),JD LX280(dad)
Oh man, I thought my heart was set on green and yellow, but...

My local Case dealer has a never sold unit on the lot. 6.2 hours and a little rust and faded/weathered plastics. It has the LA116(maybe LX-dont remember) FEL.

This unit appears to be as big as a current model DX40/45. Does anyone have any specifications on this year model tractor so I can compare to a new model. Also, the load capacity of the FEL.

Any opinions on this model?

Also, it appears that New Holland and Case are nearly identical tractors. Is there something that sets one manufacturer apart from the other?

Rod

/ 2007 DX35 #2  
The Case DX35, 40 and 45 all have the same chassis, the transmissions are the same none will pull more than the other transmission wise. I think the relief valves are all set at 5000# of pressure. The main thing you gain in going up in horse power is being able to operate bigger implements with the pto.
The 116 loader was replaced by the LX350, I didn't pay much attention but one difference is the 350 has cam lock pins for the quick attach it is adjustable so as the pins or the holes wear they can be tightened so there are no rattles.
The New Holland and the Case compacts are the same tractor other than the cosmetics except the New Holland is available with super steer front end.
I have a 2008 DX 40 since last October, I was unsure of my purchase, mainly the hydro transmission. But I can honestly say after operating it this long it is the right choice for me hands down. What sold me on the tractor at first was the loader. It has the best loader operational wise of any tractor in its class. The hi lo on the joystick is a great feature plus the visibility is great, no leaning to the side to see the bucket, also the joystick is a valve not not a lever operating cables running to a valve.
What are they asking for the unit, if you don't mind my asking. I hope this isn't a duplicate post, I typed the first one and it said I wasn't logged in so I typed another one. Good luck.

/ 2007 DX35
They were wanting @ $23,500 for the old, kinda rusty, larger framed 2007 model dx35 equiped the same way I had him work up a price on a new dx35 with R4s, FEL, and 72" MMM. The new machine on the size frame I want(need for transportability) is $26,400.

Is either of these good prices? Should I play competitive and hold out for lower $ since I really was hoping to get into a tractor for under $25k?

Does the dx35 have the FEL controls in the same place and with the same joystick handle as the dx40?

Also, what kind of quality is the 72" rear discharge mower deck? I am used to the JD 7 iron decks, but have never seen a Case or NH deck to know if they are heavy duty.

And just how wide is the deck on the 72" mmm to know if it will fit my trailer? I have not been able to find that tidbit of info. I have to figure at least 73-74" wide total. My 6' Caroni rear discharge finish mower was exactly 73" wide and fit my trailer.

Thanks for the reply,
Rod

/ 2007 DX35 #4  
The DX35 is the same frame as the 40 and 45 so I am sure the joystick is in the same place if you get the Case loader. I see the 35 has a three cylinder diesel the 40 and 45 have a four cylinder. Don't know if the four runs any smoother than the three.
The price for the 2007 seems high. I know the mower decks are pricey so am not sure on the price of the newer 35. I paid $23,000 last fall for my DX40 with loader, filled rears, block heater and rear work light and I hear there were some price increases. That was without tax, I've seen used ones on Tractor House for more.