case jx80 opinions

/ case jx80 opinions #1  

chuckwilliams

i am buying a tractor today and have narrowed the choices down to a jx80 (or farmall 80 if the jx are gone) or a kubota m6040 with hydraulic shuttle. the work load will consist of mowing, FEL work, and light farming. i like the physical size or weight of the case and the added features of the kubota. the kubota seems more refined, but i really prefer simplicity because i think it helps longevity. what is the general opinion of the jx80 or farmall 80? i have been given a price of $29k for the case and $26k for the kubota. thanks.

chuck

/ case jx80 opinions #2  
i am buying a tractor today and have narrowed the choices down to a jx80 (or farmall 80 if the jx are gone) or a kubota m6040 with hydraulic shuttle. the work load will consist of mowing, FEL work, and light farming. i like the physical size or weight of the case and the added features of the kubota. the kubota seems more refined, but i really prefer simplicity because i think it helps longevity. what is the general opinion of the jx80 or farmall 80? i have been given a price of $29k for the case and $26k for the kubota. thanks.

chuck

for that little bit of difference in price you're getting alot more tractor with the Case. what kind of transmission do they come with? you talked to both dealers? which one do you like best? did you price a kubota M7040 or 8540? those would be more closely to the Case you're looking at.

/ case jx80 opinions
both dealers are fine. the m7040 and m6040 are the same tractor other than the front end. the m6040 could be made to make the same hp. the kubota is an 8x8 and the case is a 12x12. i am now thinking about stepping up to the jx95. just costs a few dollars more.

chuck

/ case jx80 opinions #4  
both dealers are fine. the m7040 and m6040 are the same tractor other than the front end. the m6040 could be made to make the same hp. the kubota is an 8x8 and the case is a 12x12. i am now thinking about stepping up to the jx95. just costs a few dollars more.

chuck

more gears is always a good thing! i have a 9x3 and at times wish i had more. as for the JX95 goes, if youre gonna go might as well go big right?:D

/ case jx80 opinions
i ended up buying a new 2009 case farmall 95. i got it with the FEL but no cab for $34107 shipped from georgia to texas. i couldnt touch that price locally. i have over ten hours on it now and all is well. i like the tractor, but they truly dont make them like they used to. it has plenty of power, actually lots more than its physical weight will let it use. it is quiet and it HATES FUEL! i have use a little over 1/4 tank in 10 hours of running.

chuck

/ case jx80 opinions #6  
See you already bought a tractor, good choice I think. We have a JX95 w/ FEL and a JX80 open station. They have finished their second season and still ticking along well. The JX80 2WD is a lot more fuel stingy than the 95 4WD. The 95 is light in the pants with the loader but much better with the weight barrel of water on the back.

I looked at them all, Kubota had too many gadgets for me and felt cramped, JD see below, Massey I didn't like the build quality or layout, New Holland same tractor and I like RED ...Others I didn't consider very much.

They put the dang clutch link at the end of the control line on the JX95 in backwards and it wouldn't shuttle shift when I got it ...very disappointing of the dealer. Fixed it and good-to-go but it is still a little stiff on the shift, the 95 that is.

Also had to replace the PTO push-pull line on the 80 when the plastic retainer broke. Warranty and the dealer was good about it.

Both mahcines pull good, drive well, good visibilty and comfortable. The lights on the 95 cab are GREAT! AC and stereo are wonderful. The 80 handles like a sports car and sounds really good.

I have always had JD and thought that when I got to get a new tractor I would stay green but some things turned me off; 1) Fuel efficiency is much less in the Nebraska Tractor Tests for JD, 2) too much plastic on JD, 3) electronic engine controls (CaseIH are now the same as well which is why I bought '08 models without them), 4) A buddy bought a new 5525 that started sometimes and sometimes not I also didn't enjoy running it, 5) CaseIH cab, bigger and just more comfortable for me, 6) Open station, spacious and comfortable! 7) CaseIH 3pt really lifts a lot more. I was a little dubious about the bull gear final drives but they have been around for decades and will probably out last me so ...what the heck.

Things I wish were better on the CaseIH ...Hydraulic leaks (they all seem to leak some), loader has hydraulic play in it and shouldn't have, position of the brake fluid fill way near the firewall, itty bitty hydraulic fill hole at the back of the differential, something keeps clattering near the back window but I can't find it. Just picky, nothing I can't live with. I probably got a little carried away buying two but I'll die someday, can't take it with me and the kid doesn't need it.