International 606 Tractor ... Pulls To The Right?

/ International 606 Tractor ... Pulls To The Right? #1  

vern6973

Tractor
J.D. 3120, X584, GT235 and a IH 606
Hi:

I recently bought a 1966 International 606 (60 HP 6 cylinder gas Utility) and it pulls to the right. The tires are = in air pressure, the toe-in seems fine and the wheel bearings seem OK. It's kind of strange ... even if the tractor is seeting on level concrete the steering wheel moves much easier to the right than to the left ... it has power steering. Does anyone have any ideas on what would cause this?

Vern In Illinois

/ International 606 Tractor ... Pulls To The Right? #2  
Is your brake sticking? Not that they have great brakes, they use the same disc as the H,M,etc, and the 606 is a heavy tractor. I have 2, a 62 and a 65, decent utility tractors, they just suck the fuel.

/ International 606 Tractor ... Pulls To The Right?
Dill:

No, I backed both the brakes off, did not make a difference. Thanks for the reply though!

Vern

/ International 606 Tractor ... Pulls To The Right? #4  
From time to time the hand pumps go bad and it will get worse to the point of it steering right more the further you go.

Art:

Sorry but I fell off the sled ... what do you mean by "hand pumps go bad".

Vern

/ International 606 Tractor ... Pulls To The Right? #6  
I'm shooting from the cuff, not looking in the books but when the hand pump starts to leak it will leave you having to continually turn then wheel in one direction to correct for the leak.

Art ... what and where is this "hand pump".

Vern

Hi:

Does anyone know what Art is talking about ... Hand Pump?

/ International 606 Tractor ... Pulls To The Right? #9  
The hand pump is the valve located at the end of the steering column. It takes oil from the Multi Purpose Valve and directs it to the steering cylinder on the front axle.

/ International 606 Tractor ... Pulls To The Right? #10  
Hi:

Does anyone know what Art is talking about ... Hand Pump?

The hand pump is below the steering wheel. The only other piece that would enter into it would be the steering cylinder itself leaking by. The later is normally not the problem.