Case 580C clutch cut out

/ Case 580C clutch cut out #1  

misterethan2002

Have a 580C with clutch cutout....not working.....can hear the solenoid kick in and out when you press the pedal, push the button, or toggle the switch. But it does not disengage the transmission. Pretty sure the soloenoid is working but I can't go any deeper than that.....need help.

/ Case 580C clutch cut out #2  
If you can here he solenoid working then chances are it's not getting the power to the transmission to make it work.

Check to see, it might not be much more then a wire repair.

/ Case 580C clutch cut out #3  
The "switch" on the trans is on the left side of the shuttle where the shifter
linkage meets the trans. Looks like a can of beans. If your getting power to
that plug then it's the switch. If not, then the problem is upstream.

Can always verify the trans. switch is working by putting power to it directly.
I hope it's upstream as the switch is fairly hateful to buy.

/ Case 580C clutch cut out #4  
I just bought this clutch cutout at our local dealership Part# D71139 cost was $39.11. Good Luck.

/ Case 580C clutch cut out
What do you mean when you say power to the transmission switch? I have two wires going into the clutch cutout and they have power....one is hot...one is ground. I can flip the switch (inside the cab) and hear/feel that the solenoid is working.....is there another switch or some type of power going to the transmission that would keep this solenoid from disengaging the transmission. Could the problem be within the transmission? I'm not sure how the solenoid works inside the transmission....can I take the solenoid off of the transmission and put power to it to see if it is actually cutting in and out? A bunch of parts won't fly out when I do this ......... will they?

Thank you so much for all of your help!!!!!!

/ Case 580C clutch cut out
I maybe confused.....If there is power to the soleniod and I can hear it kick in and out when I toggle the switch (inside the cab).......wouldn't the transmission have power to it.......???? I don't know....

Thanks again for all your help.......

Charles

/ Case 580C clutch cut out #7  
Part #D67903 is the switch I'm talking about... They call it a solenoid too so my discription is wrong. If that is cycling, the trans should kick out. All it does inside is move a detent ball. Mine came unscrewed once and the tractor stopped in it's
tracks. I guess the ball could be stuck too ,but I don't know enough about the internals to go down that road.

Fyi, you can stare at the parts book diagrams and numbers at cnh.com/. Go into Case construction division and launch parts catalog. Type in 580C and look around.

Helped me tremendously with my 580d.

/ Case 580C clutch cut out #9  
I maybe confused.....If there is power to the soleniod and I can hear it kick in and out when I toggle the switch (inside the cab).......wouldn't the transmission have power to it.......???? I don't know....

Thanks again for all your help.......

Charles
Hello Charles,
sounds like your soleniod is working if you can feel it. that soleniod shifts a spool in the shuttle valve and dumps clutch pressure. you can unscrew the sol and you will see a pin, try and push it in it could just be stuck. if it pushes in then there is a blockage in the spool somewhere and the shuttle valve would have to come out.
Good luck Ed

Farm and Heavy Equipment Parts - ABC Repair Parts

/ Case 580C clutch cut out #10  
Hi,here's the deal w/ your clutch disconnect.there are two types of solenoids as I recall.one is round,the other is oval.either way if you take it off, your shuttle will not move/work ,because the pin that works the dump valve does'nt get pushed by the solenoid, a spring behind the dump valve moves it when the solenoid is energized and the plunger is drawn into it..so the solenoid pushes the dump valve into the valve body when it's off.you can remove the whole valve if you want.after you unscrew the solenoid take the shift crank off.under that you'll find a small snap ring.remove that.take three bolts out of oppisite side and remove valve from there.