CVT Trans.

/ CVT Trans. #1  

rider9403

Tractor
Farmall 45 with Cab
So what is the new CVT trans. all about? Are they as easy as the Hydro to use?
And are the going to replace the Hydro trans. in the compact tractors?

/ CVT Trans. #2  
We have one in our yard right now and how sweet it is!!! They are smoother then the deere from what their customers have told us and they will replace any idea of a hydro in a larger tractor. They will have them down closer to the 100 horsepower range within a year but from what we see they are impressed.

/ CVT Trans. #6  
The CVT is same concept as JD's IVT. From what I have heard, they use hydraulics to change the gearing in the tractor. Has the benefit of maintaining the efficiency of a gear tractor but yet have continious and varible speed changes from the transmission. Much more common in Europe than in the US. It can allow the tractor's computer to get the most efficiencey from fuel vs speed. I have heard some horror stories if they need to be worked on, as local dealers may not have the skill to fix them. I have heard of tranmissions being shipped off for repairs.

YouTube - IVT video

Viewing a thread - Need a Good Explanation(w. diagrams) of How CVT Transmission Works

/ CVT Trans. #7  
The Case company bought a company called Styer in europe back a decade or more and about the first time that I saw the tractor in red with the CVT transmission. They did not bring it to the states then as the rear was wider then row crop work would allow.
I don't believe that it will be used in the smaller or compact tractors as it is more expensive to build then a hydro. They might have some filter down but at this point the price is quite a premium to the buyer.

/ CVT Trans. #8  
Exactly. More benefits that what a hydro has to offer. In the MF, you can creep as slow as 60 feet per minute, while maintaining rpms needed to run hydraulics and PTO.

The CVT is same concept as JD's IVT. From what I have heard, they use hydraulics to change the gearing in the tractor. Has the benefit of maintaining the efficiency of a gear tractor but yet have continious and varible speed changes from the transmission. Much more common in Europe than in the US. It can allow the tractor's computer to get the most efficiencey from fuel vs speed. I have heard some horror stories if they need to be worked on, as local dealers may not have the skill to fix them. I have heard of tranmissions being shipped off for repairs.

YouTube - IVT video

Viewing a thread - Need a Good Explanation(w. diagrams) of How CVT Transmission Works